- - - - -

Chestnut esp 5.8

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 82espghia

82espghia
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Car:XE ESP 5.8 4SP,XE ESP 4.9 AUTO,CORTINA TE GHIA BOSS 302,ED XR6.

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hey guys here is a couple of photos of my esp taken in 1997.

Attached Files

#2 Wes

Wes
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9639 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:TURBO 10 SEC XE

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

YUM!!!

I think the ESP has got to be the poster child for Gold Simmons whatever their model.

They just look awesome on them for some readon.

Nice car buddy.

#3 xd falcon 351

xd falcon 351
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Car:xd falcon

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

looks good

#4 ESP-081

ESP-081
  • PipPipPip
  • 3829 posts
  • State:QLD

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

very nice mate

#5 82espghia

82espghia
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

Thanks guys,was going to pull it out of storage after 12 years for the AFD in august but just found out its on next week not in august so 1 more year in storage, whats another year,i might pull it out for some new photos .

#6 ESP 082

ESP 082
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Car:82' XE ESP Fairmont Ghia

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:47 PM

Looks really good mate, that's awesome. How long have you had it for, when did you get it?
I've got the same one just not V8 (p plate laws). all i need is to fix up the sierra trim.
I noticed the yellow stripe along the side of the body, i was going to buy one but wasn't sure if it would suit the colour, it looks good in the pic from what i can see. But what do you think, does it look alright in person?

#7 MY ZL302

MY ZL302
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts
  • Car:ZL Fairlane 302W

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:54 AM

Sweet!! Definitely need some more recent photos though mate.

Love the black trim around the tail lights... and yeah, the gold Simmons look fantastic!

#8 FAT ESP

FAT ESP
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

Your ESP looks great, even if its was in a more "less than at its best look" at the moment still give it a detail and bring it along to All Ford Day. There is a group of ESP's displaying on the day. I dont even know if there is another chestnut in their display. Nice ride, post some more pics,and hope to see you and your ESP on the day.:hy:

Cheers

Cameron.
WARNING DISCLAIMER:There is a good chance any comments left will be of a sarcastic nature. GET OVER IT!
:burnout:

#9 82espghia

82espghia
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

[quote name='ESP 082']Looks really good mate, that's awesome. How long have you had it for, when did you get it?
I've got the same one just not V8 (p plate laws). all i need is to fix up the sierra trim.
I noticed the yellow stripe along the side of the body, i was going to buy one but wasn't sure if it would suit the colour, it looks good in the pic from what i can see. But what do you think, does it look alright in person?[/QUOTE]

I bought the car in 95 the way u see it in the photo with stripe and no simmons,i was going to take the stripe off but it looks good with the chestnut colour,i think the dealer i got from put the stripe on,my drivers seat bolster has got a bit of wear and searched for years to find material i couldnt find anything until i found the esp site ,you will find what u need on there.When u get off ur P plates u can put a V8 in it ,is yours a auto or 4 speed.

[quote name='MY ZL302']Sweet!! Definitely need some more recent photos though mate.

Thanks mate,i will take some new photos in the next few days.

[quote name='fatesp']Your ESP looks great, even if its was in a more "less than at its best look" at the moment still give it a detail and bring it along to All Ford Day. There is a group of ESP's displaying on the day. I dont even know if there is another chestnut in their display. Nice ride, post some more pics,and hope to see you and your ESP on the day.:hy:

Cheers

Cameron.[/QUOTE]

Hi cameron,it still looks good i wax it once a year but its been unregisted since 97 and wont have time to get it registed for the show ,there is a bloke thats going to have a chestnut esp at the show from the esp site,are u a member of the esp site someone has fatesp on the site is that u.Are u taking ur esp to the show im going to the show as a spectator ,i havent missed a show for years its the best day of the year,i will see u there.

Cheers theo.

#10 Gaz

Gaz
  • PipPipPip
  • 4358 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:51 PM

Theres fatesp's everywhere, but Cameron is the ORIGINAL Fatesp.
GARY NOT FUNCTION BEER WELL WITHOUT

#11 ESP 082

ESP 082
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Car:82' XE ESP Fairmont Ghia

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

I bought the car in 95 the way u see it in the photo with stripe and no simmons,i was going to take the stripe off but it looks good with the chestnut colour,i think the dealer i got from put the stripe on,my drivers seat bolster has got a bit of wear and searched for years to find material i couldnt find anything until i found the esp site ,you will find what u need on there.When u get off ur P plates u can put a V8 in it ,is yours a auto or 4 speed.

unfortunately it's auto. But i wouldn't argue either way, it's still an original ESP, which will always be an awesome bonus. and yeah, i have a 351 just sitting in the garage, i cant wait to put it in. haha it will most likely go in early anyway and ill still be on my p's. I was driving a big block 351 for most of my L's so to go to a standard 6 just isn't the same. :D
So you think it will be worth getting some of those stripes?

yeah man, can't wait to see some more pics, get some up real soon. those two pics have been a inspiration since i saw them a while back. especially with those simmons.

Edit: Also noticed that the sideview mirrors were painted? that wasn't factory was it? looks nice tho, sorta adds a little extra touch.

Edited by ESP 082, 22 May 2009 - 04:45 PM.

#12 FAT ESP

FAT ESP
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hi Theo,
yeah Im ORIGINAL FATESP on the ESP Ghia forum. Yes I am taking my ESP to All Ford Day to display with them. I know you can apply for a day permit from the RTA to take a car out. See you there.

Cheers

Cameron
WARNING DISCLAIMER:There is a good chance any comments left will be of a sarcastic nature. GET OVER IT!

#13 82espghia

82espghia
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:39 AM

[quote name='XdEE']Theres fatesp's everywhere, but Cameron is the ORIGINAL Fatesp.[/QUOTE]
Thats true there are everywhere .

[quote name='ESP 082']unfortunately it's auto. But i wouldn't argue either way, it's still an original ESP, which will always be an awesome bonus. and yeah, i have a 351 just sitting in the garage, i cant wait to put it in. haha it will most likely go in early anyway and ill still be on my p's. I was driving a big block 351 for most of my L's so to go to a standard 6 just isn't the same. :D
So you think it will be worth getting some of those stripes?

yeah man, can't wait to see some more pics, get some up real soon. those two pics have been a inspiration since i saw them a while back. especially with those simmons.

Edit: Also noticed that the sideview mirrors were painted? that wasn't factory was it? looks nice tho, sorta adds a little extra touch.[/QUOTE]

Its up to u if u like the stripes its ur car mate but they look good,the mirrors were like that when i got the car and i will get some new photos up asap.
[quote name='fatesp']Hi Theo,
yeah Im ORIGINAL FATESP on the ESP Ghia forum. Yes I am taking my ESP to All Ford Day to display with them. I know you can apply for a day permit from the RTA to take a car out. See you there.

Cheers

Cameron

Hi cameron,
It does get confusing fatesp is everywhere i did notice that on the esp site that there was fatesp and original fatesp but u dont know whose who,im busy all week and wont get a chance to organise anything but i will be there,are u meeting up with all the esp guys in the morning ,i want to take pictures of afew esp s before they get to the show i want to get some big posters made up,u can never find posters of esps .

Cheers theo .

#14 xd falcon 351

xd falcon 351
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Car:xd falcon

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hey guys here is a couple of photos of my esp taken in 1997.

this looks like your car

Attached Files

#15 FAT ESP

FAT ESP
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

Hey there Theo,
Yeah I will be meeting up with the ESP guys in the morning. I will see you there.
Your right there are no large ESP posters to buy. It would be good to see some made.

Cheers

Cameron.

#16 Steve Mcqueen

Steve Mcqueen
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 12028 posts
  • Car:XF Falcon sedan

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

i was going to pull it out of storage after 12 years for the AFD in august but just found out its on next week .

And......? You can still pull it out of storage for the all ford day this sunday even if its unrego'd go get a unregisterd vehicle permit and bring it along. As Cameron says it be good to see it.

#17 82espghia

82espghia
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

this looks like your car

It does look like mine but its not ,i dont know who owns this one it looks very nice.

And......? You can still pull it out of storage for the all ford day this sunday even if its unrego'd go get a unregisterd vehicle permit and bring it along. As Cameron says it be good to see it.

Going to take it of the stands tomorrow and see if it will start and if its ok to drive,its been so long i cant remember if everything was ok,if everything is ok i will be taking it let u all know tomorrow how it goes.

#18 projectxf

projectxf
  • PipPipPip
  • 2490 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

nice thats immmac and very orignal to wouldnt mind seeing some newer pics of the engine bay and interior?
Posted Image

oh yeh its got very expensive sheep skin seat covers in it

i wont be shitting on them ones lol

#19 Steve Mcqueen

Steve Mcqueen
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 12028 posts
  • Car:XF Falcon sedan

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

Going to take it of the stands tomorrow and see if it will start and if its ok to drive,its been so long i cant remember if everything was ok,if everything is ok i will be taking it let u all know tomorrow how it goes.

Thats fantastic, good luck with it. :hy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users