1 reply to this topic

#1 howsie

howsie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:1983 xe ute

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:07 PM

Got a old cobra alarm system (model 0436) this would have been around from 85 to early 90s.

Anyway given its a 1990 fairlane and the alarm is from that era I am forced to conclude that the remotes are at least that old as well and are unfortunatly falling apart.

I have contacted cobra aust who have told me the alarm is approx 30years old and they can supply a new remote at a cost of $120.

There are several reasons I dont like this but mainly because it's the same bulky remote.

Has anyone had any luck getting replacement remotes or have a wiring diagram for this model or similar.

The way I see it is I have several options

1. New alarm (which I don't really want to do as it's not a necessity just a want lol)
2. Turn off alarm and use one of those conversion kits for central locking to key less entry

3. Suck it up and pay cobra
4. Just keep using the key (it unlocks whole car from passengers or drivers side just like remote rather than key lol)

#2 howsie

howsie
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:1983 xe ute

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

I should add I have tried mrminit who while able to program a remote only worked on average every 7th keypress and also have a remocon universal remote which operates on the same frequency range but for some reason won't activate alarm after duplication of the old remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users