#1 bob t

bob t
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:ford xf ute

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Hello gurus

I would like to no if someone could lead me to a thread or has done the job of changing xf Ute into xe Ute -complete dash plus wiring loom , going to leave the xf crossflow and 5 speed in it for now , my Ute is 1986 unleaded , I’m up to the stage of putting dash and loom in = what dizzy should I run do I have to graft the xf EST into the xe loom to run the dizzy or use xe dizzy ??,  and what legal’s EPA type issues with all the xf unleaded pollution crap have to be sorted ??  the Ute is already rego in my name but don’t want any insurance problems as far coverage or if coppers yellow sticker the thing cause they don’t like the mods …any input will be appreciated …cheers bob 

Attached Files

#2 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4910 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:00 PM

hmmmm. Keep the current engine loom (all wires from ecu) and swap the entire dash. You'll have to integrate some of the dahses wires into the engine loom, Or just splice them. 

You wont need to change the engine configuration at all. Except maby a sender or two for the instrument cluster clt temp and oil pressure. 

"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users