3 replies to this topic

#1 ivanflo

ivanflo
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:82 Xe Ghia

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:51 PM

Strangely hard to find much information on 'club rego' in NSW. Unfortunately, there is not a specific Xfalcon car club or even a generic Ford club that we can join for Historic or CVS rego. I figure I may as well document my experience on the way hopefully to club rego for anyone else who comes looking for more info later.

I Have been trying to find a suitable club in and around Western Sydney, as my XE Ghia  [stroker/t56/9 inch] gets out maybe once every couple weeks for about an hour or so. Not for lack of want, but just don't have time to drive during the week - Train to work/uni. To lazy to pull it out on the weekend because there is a big gate, 2 dogs to tie up and a BA Fairlane and FG F6 to move out of the way to get to the XE.

#2 ivanflo

ivanflo
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

The Australian National Street Machine Association has a really badly written guide in relation to the entire club rego process here.

The RMS also have detailed information on the scheme Here.

Two types of 'Club' rego:

• Historic - 30 years old, owner/garaged in NSW, original spec
  • CVS (Classic Vehicle Scheme) - 30 years old, owner/garaged in NSW, Modified.

My Ghia is modified so the process for CVS rego as far as I can tell is:

1. Join any club listed Here, and pay the membership fee.
  2. Fill out a couple RMS forms: Classic Vehicle DeclarationApplication for Conditional RegistrationChange of record

3. Get Blue Slip (Even if already registered), VSCCS Certificate if modified.
  4. Submit Classic Vehicle Declaration to your club and it will come back to you with some stamps and signatures on it. 
  5. Take ID, Proof of vehicle ownership & completed forms to RMS to register your car. 
  6. RMS will provide CTP Greenslip, Registration, 60 Day Logbook and Historic number plate(first time) Fees approximately $110.

#3 ivanflo

ivanflo
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:53 PM

Finding a club to join in the first place seems like the biggest hurdle. The RMS club list is massive. But, a whole heap of them lack an easily identifiable online presence (most people of my generation have yet to discover the invention of the 'telephone' and speaking with ones own voice ).

I've also found it awkward approaching clubs specifically looking for Club rego, especially the real 'active' or event focused ones like Falcon GT Owners Club Of N.S.W. Inc. because I am honestly just looking for rego and am not so interested in club meetings or minimum attendance etc.

Note: if they chose to reject me on those grounds - lack of participation, that is completely fair enough.

These are those who I have had contact with so far who have some kind of online presence and are broad in scope rather than a single model/brand club:

Custom Car Club

• Temporarily stopped taking new members 18 March 2019
  • Online Form, with pictures
  • does not appear too fussed with attendance
  • $90 membership fee

Eastern Australian Drivers Club

• No online form, but quick to respond on Facebook.
  • Dude was was holiday, but wanted too see a blue slip + inspect the car in person
  • [Direct quote] "about" $150 membership fee

All Sorts Motor Club

• Happened to know someone there
  • No online forms - asked to call X
  • Immediately invited to an event to meet some other members - that's nice
  • $?? membership fee

NSW Historic Muscle Motor Club

• Super quick to respond online
  • Online forms available - asked for photos, blue slip & engineering paper work
  • $70 membership fee

Would be nice to see where current members have their Historic/Classic rego and a list of recommended clubs for people looking for more info.

#4 ivanflo

ivanflo
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:11 AM

RightO, 

So I ended up joining the NSW Historic Muscle Club. 

The process was fairly straight forward all in all:

1. Got a blue slip done for the XE
  2. signed up & paid membership to/for the club online and had a form sent to me
  3. filled out said form
  4. sent said form to the club along with my engineering papers, ID, car photos.
  5. In return they sent me a Historic vehicle form with the required signatures etc, which is technically the wrong form. But the RMS didn't seem to care.
  6. Took all this to the RMS with my old plates. De-registered my full rego and filled a few forms to move on to the classic vehicle scheme, got some plates and it was all done. 

All up the process took about a week in total. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users