Finding a club to join in the first place seems like the biggest hurdle. The RMS club list is massive. But, a whole heap of them lack an easily identifiable online presence (most people of my generation have yet to discover the invention of the 'telephone' and speaking with ones own voice ).
I've also found it awkward approaching clubs specifically looking for Club rego, especially the real 'active' or event focused ones like Falcon GT Owners Club Of N.S.W. Inc. because I am honestly just looking for rego and am not so interested in club meetings or minimum attendance etc.
Note: if they chose to reject me on those grounds - lack of participation, that is completely fair enough.
These are those who I have had contact with so far who have some kind of online presence and are broad in scope rather than a single model/brand club:
Custom Car Club
- Temporarily stopped taking new members 18 March 2019
- Online Form, with pictures
- does not appear too fussed with attendance
- $90 membership fee
Eastern Australian Drivers Club
- No online form, but quick to respond on Facebook.
- Dude was was holiday, but wanted too see a blue slip + inspect the car in person
- [Direct quote] "about" $150 membership fee
All Sorts Motor Club
- Happened to know someone there
- No online forms - asked to call X
- Immediately invited to an event to meet some other members - that's nice
- $?? membership fee
NSW Historic Muscle Motor Club
- Super quick to respond online
- Online forms available - asked for photos, blue slip & engineering paper work
- $70 membership fee
Would be nice to see where current members have their Historic/Classic rego and a list of recommended clubs for people looking for more info.