1 reply to this topic

#1 Kurats

Kurats
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:87 XF falcon

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys, first post on here.. wondering if I can get some help.
Owned my late grand father's '87 XF falcon, pretty standard at the moment with the carbed 250. Had big plans for a build on it, but got told it couldn't be done and wasn't worth the hassles.. 8 years on and the build has become a common build with them now, and my urge to do it hasn't subsided.. the old motor is on its way out and we'll due for a rebuild so decided I'm going to keep it and start my project I've wanted to do since yr9 when I first got it.
My plans are to put the running gear from an f6 typhoon in it and want to swap the rear end for something with an LSD and rear disks.
Really not sure on where to start on this but would love any advice from anyone that's done this swap before or knows a little more about the issues I'm going to face in the build and also if anyone knows of a complete rear end that will fit without too much drama.

Cheers, bradPosted Image

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

#2 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4910 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:12 PM

E series lsd will bolt with minor adaption (some bushes and a brake line fitting) and you can get a range of ratios and 28spline 4 pinion. a great option. Brakes are unventilated though but still work fine. However will need an upgrade if you're going to upgrade fronts.
Not going to say how long it will last if you giving it a really hard time from a 400kw barra.
"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users