2 replies to this topic

#1 jg33replica

jg33replica
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:XW GT replica

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:16 PM

Hi, Has anyone fitted Nolathane bushes to the front spring eyes on XR XT XW XY Falcon lately.  Just wondering how they fit for anyone else. I Just got a set and fitted them to find they are loose in the spring eye. Outer metal shell of original bush is 52.4 mm and the Nolathane is 51 mm. I rang GT Performance they measured there bushes off the shelf ( rubber with metal outer ) and they are the same as my originals. I rang Nolathane direct and they are adamant that 51 mm is correct. I have another set of original springs out of XW GS and they are also 52.4 mm  I am just curious if anyone else has struck this issue.  Nolathane used to do bushes with the metal outer but have done away with that idea and now only do just a urethane bush no metal shell.  Nolathane is just a personal preferance so I will just buy the original rubber type and use , but I am convinced Nolathane have made an error with the sizing for these bushes.

#2 Gregaust

Gregaust
  • PipPipPip
  • 1731 posts
  • Car:XE Falcon

Posted 08 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

Used the Nolathanes many times , never had any with a metal shell. Seems odd I've never had to measure any . Be interesting to see what you find

I have some old bushes I will measure up 

#3 jg33replica

jg33replica
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:XW GT replica

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:32 PM

I took them back and they  measured up some OEM bushes brand new off the shelf  to check what I had told them , the Oem steel bush with the metal shell is 52.4mm OD compared to Nolathane at 51mm no shell. He is going to show it to the rep when in next just to see what he has to say.  the OEM bush needs to be Pressed or taped in for a tight fit. so 51 mm is just going to flog out. Nolathane claim they have always been 51mm and After checking white line and super pro they are also 51mm . I have used the OEM rubber bush because I know it fits correctly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users