2 replies to this topic

#1 maxifold

maxifold
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:xf falcon

Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

has any one fitted the  t56 gearbox behind a crossflow  and how was it done as it doesn't fit the xf t5 bellhousing can you redrill one ? any help be great dont want to spend to much as i might as well buy a wrecked barra car which i dont want to as i like the low down power of the crossflow

#2 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4149 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XF ute

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:02 AM

has any one fitted the  t56 gearbox behind a crossflow  and how was it done as it doesn't fit the xf t5 bellhousing can you redrill one ? any help be great dont want to spend to much as i might as well buy a wrecked barra car which i dont want to as i like the low down power of the crossflow

a mate has one on a V8 with a dellow bell housing(rubbish bell housing was misalinged causing damage to the gearbox by the way)

you need 4.11 diff ratio to use 6th at 100km for 1800 ish revs.. which, if you had an engine that could pull from 1800 happily won't like the spread of ratios .. 1st probably isn't needed. 

the T5 with 2.77 diff is doing about same revs at 100kmh(1800)  

why do you want 6speed?

#3 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4905 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 21 August 2018 - 08:14 PM

Mal Wood used to do conversions. They were quite expensive but it could be done. 

I'm not sure if he's still doing them.

As for why you'll need one Dean, Because race car ;)

"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users