2 replies to this topic

#1 Boika

Boika
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:Xf ute

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

Hey pplz before I get started I just want use to no I'm no mechanic or electrician just thought I would put that out there so here goes hopefully I explain this right.......
Pros
1,ecu turns on with no error lights
2, surge pump and fuel pump turn on
3,I get good solid spark
Cons
1,no injector pulse so thought because the wires in bad shape could be reason why so i made new harness but now I have 12v coming from both wires out of each injector which I can't see why I followed instructions from microtech diagrams
2,tps was sitting on 58% when ignition on so I replaced that with new one now sits on 0% like as I read it should BUT now when u flatten it to the floor it goes to a max of 14% fuck i have been doing this car for last two months now and it is really getting to me if some one could help me with a bit of advice or even a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated I will take a couple of photos of the ecu and that coz I don't no if that will help

#2 Boika

Boika
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:Xf ute

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:24 PM

My pictures don't seem to be loading it's a microtech mt8 , with procomp ignition, msd blaster coil, but I will keep on trying to add the photos once I get back home

#3 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4899 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Assuming you've fitted the TPS properly, you probably need to calibrate it now you've replaced it, So the ECU knows what is 5% and what is 100%

Some ECU's will Ground the injectors to turn them on, (Negative switched), If this is the case there should always be 12V when ign is on.

Sounds like you may need someone who is familiar with the ECU to have an actual look at it, May be a bit hard to troubleshoot over the internet.

"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users