Photo
- - - - -

XF Fairmont electric window motors - grease.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TUFGQ

TUFGQ
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • State:NZ
  • Car:Two

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hi guys

I've got a kit on the way from eBay so that I can rebuild my electric windows.

My question is once i've fitted the new rollers etc - should I use a graphite grease or something else?.

#2 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4905 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:56 PM

low speed Metal on metal id use a Moly grease. But that's just me. I'm no expert but id say a lot of different compounds would work fine there.

"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

#3 TUFGQ

TUFGQ
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:13 PM

low speed Metal on metal id use a Moly grease. But that's just me. I'm no expert but id say a lot of different compounds would work fine there.

Yeah the consensus from doing forum searches suggests that lithium grease is good to use. I'll rekit the motors and clean the window switch contacts as well.

#4 hendrixhc

hendrixhc
  • PipPipPip
  • 4352 posts
  • State:SA
  • Car:FGXXR8

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

I used silicon grease inside the gearbox itself. The yellow shit tends to harden and rots the rollers.

HendrixHC 82 XEGL Falcon 351: 66 Mk1 Cortina: 03 BAXr6: 06 SY Territory: 05 Hayabusa

Posted Image

Project Thread : http://www.xfalcon.c...9834#post469834

#5 TUFGQ

TUFGQ
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

Just an update on this. It was a painful job removing the door trim to access the motors then refit everything once done.

But well worth it, I fitted new rollers from Ebay to the window motors, cleaned them out and used lithium grease when putting the motor back together.

Works bloody brilliantly! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users