3 replies to this topic

#1 the ford fan

the ford fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:Xe

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:37 PM

Im not sure if the head I have on my XE efi is original or not but it has no identifying marks in the usual place and when I went looking for a pic of any Id marks on the web I couldn't find one.
Would be very helpful if there were some pics here if anyone could please would be sweet. And is a unmarked head particularly good or bad?

#2 the ford fan

the ford fan
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:Xe

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:44 AM

No one OK wow this place sucks

#3 david

david
  • PipPipPip
  • 1943 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:MK6 GTI

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:06 PM

the unmarked head is pretty good, it has the largest chamber of them all with enough squish pad to make it quite good, this is one of my fav heads as you can literally go flat top pistons with it 

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

#4 rocklord

rocklord
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Car:2013 BMW X3

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:10 AM

Several years ago I cobbled together a list of the head casting codes with the corresponding combustion chamber size and shape

as a quick reference when looking for an alloy head.  It is not complete, and may have inaccuracies, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

Dan

Present Ownership: 2017 BMW X3, 1964 Chevrolet Corvair, 1965 Mustang 200cid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users