1 reply to this topic

#1 RegoXF

RegoXF
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:86 XF Fairmont

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

I have bought an aftermarket 3 core alloy radiator and new rubbers for my radiator mounts but the radiator Has a lot of play when the top mounts are in, I know the mounts are x2 80mm and x2 100mm just don’t know the configuration. Is it 2 large on bottom cause the one on the left is long, The one on the right is shorter. Thanks.

#2 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4903 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

Hello,

The mounts are longer on the side with the radiator cap (Factory radiator) as this side has a larger end tank to accommodate the filler.
Cannot say why your alloy one is loose, If it is designed to be fitted with the factory mounts, and you've fitted new rubbers, then it should be fine? If its only a few millimeters you can try adjusting the mounts by bending the ends in, It's just sheet metal and can be adjusted easily to hold the radiator snug, this works for the lower mounts too.

"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users