3 replies to this topic

#1 UXF250

UXF250
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:1987 XF FALCON

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

Xf falcon 250 cross flow. I want to put a 350 Holley in it along with a few other mods but was wandering what people’s thoughts are in regards to Holley and what manifold would suit ?

#2 Stumps

Stumps
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:2010 FG XR6

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

There are a couple of options the cheapest is the Redline manifold, the best option is an Aussiespeed manifold but they are pricey, if you can find one Cain manifolds occasionally pop up but are pretty rare these days.

Go for a 7448 list number 350 holley, easiest to tune and give the best performance compared to the cheaper economaster models.

You will need a new throttle cable, a v8 xd/xe cable works best and new throttle linkages, but not to hard to make, i used the base of the redline 2 barrel holley to crossflow kit with a modified xf bracket and it worked beautifully with an auto and 350 holley.

With that said my prefered option is a jetted up XE ADM weber with the pollution ports removed will give much better economy and perform almost identical to the holley.

The biggest issue with the holley is people fuck up tuning them and then rage that holley's are shit but done properly they work quite well, just not the most economical solution.

Depending on where you buy the carb, a decent carb place will sell you something that will work straight out of the box but you need to be really honest with what cam you have and the rest of your setup, otherwise you'll be in a world of hurt trying to tune it properly, especially trying to get rid of the mid range flat spot 350's are known for on crossflows.

#3 UXF250

UXF250
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:1987 XF FALCON

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

Wow incredibly helpful thank you very much ! Was all ready looking at a redlIne manifold and you say cheapest so is it even worth it or is it worth spending the doh on a better mani

#4 Stumps

Stumps
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:2010 FG XR6

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:33 PM

On worked engines the aussiespeed manifolds work really well but on a stock or mild engine i doubt there would be a great deal of difference between them.

Aussiespeed has two manifolds to suit 2 barrel carbs on the 4.1 litre the first one is optimised for torque and is better suited to mild engines, the other is optimised for speedway and high power application, i cant remember what the part numbers are but the high output version looks similar the the redline and cain manifold, the torquer looks very different.

I have a redline manifold on my cortina and it works well with the ADM weber and 218 cam, i'd probably gain a few HP from an Aussiespeed, but its not a priority for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users