#1 Dozofoz

Dozofoz
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XE

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

BF IRS into an XE falcon.

I know this isn't the usual way you'd go, most people pull out IRS rear ends and replace with a solid axle diff.

I'm building a streeter XE, not a drag car, who's got experience or links to something similar?

#2 hendrixhc

hendrixhc
  • PipPipPip
  • 4348 posts
  • State:SA
  • Car:FGXXR8

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

Read KLR250s build thread. he was messing round with a jag rear end.

HendrixHC 82 XEGL Falcon 351: 66 Mk1 Cortina: 03 BAXr6: 06 SY Territory: 05 Hayabusa

Posted Image

Project Thread : http://www.xfalcon.c...9834#post469834

#3 Dozofoz

Dozofoz
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

I'm pretty locked in to the BF IRS as I have one recoed and ready to instal. Just not sure if I want to proceed without having some feedback from others that have done it (and driven it) previously.

#4 david

david
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:MK6 GTI

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

they are pretty easy to install if you can do the fab work and keep in mind it will be a lot of fab work as there is no decent metal/bulkhead/structure to facilitate the IRS so you will have to build it first, imho it's not worth it, the weight penalty and the cost vs the minimal benefits

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

#5 Dozofoz

Dozofoz
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

I've had the two cars stripped and side by side. I can't really see a way to do it without major (seriously major) fab work so I'm going back to plan B and fitting a solid axle. Any links on a good conversion? I'll start a new link asking the same question.

cheers for your feedback guys.

#6 pyroman

pyroman
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

The AU irs would be a much easier fit , if you could sell off your BA stuff , I have fitted two of these into F truck's both narrowed to 61 inches by sectioning cage width ,fitting late holden centre's M80 is possible too. Run late model holden 930 cv's bolt in ,bolt out affair if you break anything ? I have video's on youtube that may make more sense listed as Ford F1 truck project or Ford 1964 F100 truck project ... good luck with it ,can be done !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users