1 reply to this topic

#1 Stumps

Stumps
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:2010 FG XR6

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

I am selling my sno white 351 powered 1979 XD Fairmont due to new bub on the way.

Originally was a 302 but has been rebuilt with a 4MA crank so now is a 351, happy to let any genuine interests pull a plug and measure the stroke.

Ok down to the nitty gritty, this car will need some work mostly cosmetic it has been in storage for a years but has been regularly started, the car is running and drivable but will need a battery.

The good

All numbers match...very rare these days
302 rebuilt 5 years ago and only done 5000kays or so since then and has the following specs
4MA crank fully balanced
302 rods fully balanced with custom 20 thou ACL pistons to suit 10:1 comp
2V heads rebuilt with 4V valves, has had hardened valve seat fitted.
Camtech custom grind camshaft 215/228@50thou
Edelbrock performa manifold and 600 holley with GT shaker aircleaner
Pacemaker extractors into single 2.5in system
Regraphed electronic dizzy
C10 auto has been shift kitted and the internals rebuilt at the same time as engine
Koni adjustable shocks, lowered springs and heavy duty sway bays
14 x 7 Dragway 5 spoke mags also comes with the original 14 x 6 Fairmont alloys.
Bugger all rust in body for a 38 year old car.
Comes with lots of spares, including replacement bonnet, rear bumper, tail lights ZK fairlane front and rear seat and other interior bits

The Bad

The topend of the motor needs the rockers adjusted as it still has the factory rockers fitted so the loads havent been adjusted properly, adjustable roller rockers would be good here.
The holley needs new gaskets as it has been sitting for awhile.
Paint job is pretty ordinary, not due to weather but due to a previous owner (my father) fucking with it has a few deep scratches due to the same clowns in ability to drive
The front guards need some minor panel beating on the lower edges (see above)
The interior is very ordinary mainly due to above mentioned persons tapering but i have acquired good fairlane seats and plastic trims to fix this
The C10 while internally new has been overfilled when it was reinstalled and as such the brand new seal are fucked so the box will need new gaskets mainly the pan and shifter ones. The neutral saftey switch is fucked due to dumbassery when the extractors were fitted but i have a replacement for that.

To be honest a lazy person (read myself) would spend 10k fixing the bad and have a sweet quick classic falcon but a motivated person would spend much less to put this lovely lady back on the road.
If i had my way i'd love to keep it and finish fixing it but my wife has bigger balls than me and i just cant compete with an angry pregnant missus.
$8500 or nearest offer

No tire kicking or low balling please or you'll be dealing with my wife...and she mostly gets angry...mostly

Feel free to contact me on 0437795070 or Fordrpo83@bigpond.com will provide pics on request

#2 Stumps

Stumps
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:2010 FG XR6

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

Car sold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users