New to Me XF Falcon Ute

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ken1939

ken1939
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

Well after much hunting I finally found a decent 88 XF Falcon.  It was in Warwick Queensland on carsales.com.au and after some negotiations with the owner and the help of my shipper, I picked it up yesterday in Charlotte NC after a trip from Oz.  4.1 with a 5 Speed manual.  Very clean and tidy, almost an Uncle Bobs type, Monza Red (respray) and the tan and or beige interior.  Needs a carby rebuild but the owner supplied a kit, along with extra hoses, belts and oil and filter. Tyres are new as is exhaust from cat back.  Very solid and clean.  Had no qualms about driving 748km in a car I have never seen before.  Was kind of a hoot to think, I was the first person to really drive this Ute in North America.  Was very good on petrol, I calculated 24 mpg, although I do not call it 100% dead on.

One owner, or at least one family owned from new.

Would like to find a site to decode the Vin. I mean I found the paint, engine and interior code, and I believe it came out of Broadmeadows.

No real plans to change anything, eventually I will get the paint looked at in spots, new taunnea cover and mabey remove the Hoppy Blocker off the front end. May get underneath to wire brush and either POR 15 the underneath or some rust protector.

Lots of looks on the Highway, especially from Ford Truck Owners.  My last fuel stop in West Virginia some bloke yelled out "What year Brat is that?"  I yelled back, "Its a Ford Falcon!"  He was mystified until he came closer and said "Oh yea its larger, like a Ute then?"  He got credit for knowing the word Ute!

Attached Files

#2 demmo

demmo
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Car:last one in d/way with no petrol

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

nice ute mate  you will certainly enjoy driving it as they were a great model    o an I love your term  hoppy blocker  too ha ha :hy: 

cheers an beers Demmo 

#3 Outback Jack

Outback Jack
  • PipPipPip
  • 1076 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:XG Outback Ute

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Nice ute mate.... keep the bar... lets car jackers know your serious... hahaha.
Maybe it be ok for deer...

Jack.

Sent from my GT-S7583T using Tapatalk

5f0679eb-c1e0-42e1-b938-f63b5cd59a98_zps

You Can't park that Holden in MY Driveway.......................This is Ford Country.

I had my Ute raised when everybody was lowering theirs so I could drive over shit.

A Country Ute need to actually be able to get over a speed hump... or it's no good for the farm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users