4 replies to this topic

#1 BGBLOK

BGBLOK
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:XY and XD ute

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Hey guys, well, I have bought a stash of XD'd and XE's to get this one, it was much better to buy them all as a package deal instead of individually. The car I wanted is a 351 4 speed, diff with the traction bars, GL with the S Pac dash, 9 of the 11 cars are S Pac, only V8's there are the one mentioned above and an XE Ghia 351 that has been thoroughly robbed of all the interior and running gear which is now in a ute and in my opinion the shell is a bit rusty to rebuild but I have seen cars on here that have been rebuilt that were far worse!..

Anyway.. the car I would like to rebuild is T code engine, Y0455 dark metallic blue paint with B2 black striped wool and vinyl interior, the shell is in awesome condition but will need a full resto, worth it in my eyes because of the codes and option list combo. Part of the deal was to get the original engine, (that's a story in itself!) so, drivetrain wise, the car came with original engine with all accessories attached but with toploader bellhousing and clutch, aircleaner intact, all hoses carby etc etc, no original box (were the boxes any different in these to a "normal" V8 single rail?)the original diff and arms etc still on her, it has a modified (so I'm told) C4 and Hi stall and Tbar fitted at the mo but pedal box/pedals have not been changed to auto. Body is good and straight, doesn't leak in the front so fingers crossed the plenum is clean, interior has not been pilfered of anything except the steering column, it has a different front guard on the passengers side from a very minor bingle when someone put it into a ditch out in the country, no other body damage, he did replace the wishbones though as the lower was bent and he thought the top might have been so he swapped them out, I can't see any marks, dents or signs of movement of the chassis rail so it looks like a low impact incident. Missing items include the bonnet, grille, radiator, shroud, aircon stuff, oil cooler (? unsure yet if it had one) and spotlights although the wiring and plastic buskets for them are still there, the worst area on the shell is the tiniest little signs of rust starting around the bottom of the rear window,  course that will be worse under the rubber I fear but its clean underneath that area. So, time to get it home and cleaned out as its filthy, make up the list of stuff missing and plan the attack!, one of the cars (a complete, running, medium/dark bluetan interior 6/4 speed S Pac sedan) will be the donor of some parts for this car. Pic is of it as found, looks far worse than it actually is!.

#2 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XF ute sold

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:37 PM

good project,

no idea on the gearbox etc, would assume they were standard but you know ford..

#3 Paull

Paull
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Car:1 of 8 P6 LTD's

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

That's pretty cool, buy 11 cars to get one, love it.

#4 grey_esp

grey_esp
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:30 AM

I had a weird one on my esp too, its just a batch code. I did find on one of these sites there was a list of paint codes then at the end there was a list of Batch codes. Sorry I did have a quick look for it but couldn't find it. I think it may have been on the old esp forum.

Are you planning on off loading any of the other cars? I might be interested in a half decent xe s-pak. PM me some pics if you like.

good luck.

#5 BGBLOK

BGBLOK
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:XY and XD ute

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

(Part of) Ford letter states:

Model Code     18933

Engine Code    T 5.8

Trans               L 4 Speed

Paint                Y045 (This actually stamped Y0455 on the compliance plate)

Trim                 B2

Options            03

06                    Power Steering

11                    Tinted Banded Laminated Windscreen

30                    Sports Instrumentation

45                    Limited Slip Differential

53                    4 Wheel Disc brakes

87                   Tinted Side and Rear Glass

Tyres              ER70H x 14 (6Ply)

Date of Manufacture August 1981

Retail dealer  2136 - Not Listed - UPDATE! Peter Warren Ford!

All dealerships have a Ford dealer code so whats this 2136 on mine?, I'd like to know if you guys have managed to find out your dealer codes and what were they?. Cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XD, 351, manual, sedan, collectible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users