#1 Gavatron1972

Gavatron1972
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:XP Falcon

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

Hi all,
I'm a newb to the forum and have been out of my falcons for a while. I'm currently looking for advice on setup of a suck through old style turbo setup in have for my crossie.
Need advice on what ignition to run at the moment. Programmable is best I'm guessing as I want to run the engine in NA form while I RnD the turbo gear on my stock motor. I have two cars. An XP with crossie conversion and an XE with stock XF motor, manual and LSD, but also have a well built long motor which is studded top and bottom with H Rods and low comp Pistons along with heavily modded head. I've just scored the old suck through setup and want to run this in the XE.
The tough motor will go in the XP NA while I mess around with the turbo gear on the XE. Once I get it close to sorted we'll do a mad swap with the XE getting the hot engine.
If anyone could take me under their wing and show me some past threads, I'd be very thankful.
Cheers
Gav

Attached Files

#2 Stumps

Stumps
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:2010 FG XR6

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

I'm guessing your refering to a draw through carb setup like the Dick Johnson Grand prix's had during the 80's

Have a chat to Mike Vine turbos in Qld, the old bugger is still alive and doing the turbo kits for crossflows. They are a bit on the expensive side but come with everything needed to get started and could be used as a base for a good draw through setup.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crossflow turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users