• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Jello63

Jello63
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Car:XD-XF Project

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

There was the Surfaroo Van as well, similar to the Sufrside.

#122 macman

macman
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:Ford

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Both the Surferoo and the Surfsider were XB's.

Surferoo was kitted out in the back still (carpet, curtains, ice box and rear interior fluoro light) but lacked the pop-top and sliding side windows that the Surfsider had.

- '66 XR Falcon 500 sedan - '66 XR Falcon 500 wagon - '82 XD S-pack panelvan - '82 XE Fairmont Ghia ESP - '01 AUII TE50 -

#123 gspecZL

gspecZL
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:ZH,ZL fairlanes

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

What about the Turbo Zl Fairlane. Cant remember much about it but there was a few floating around.

#124 cozza88

cozza88
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:84 fairmont ghia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

my xe was a one off special factory order. it was an xe fairmonte ghia with all the esp gear except it was the last of the xe's built which arrived 1 month after the xf was released, it features, an efi six with bigger injectores, 4 speed manual, premium sound, wind up windows, electric mirrors, 100ltr fuel tank, and had an xf block, with a slightly different cam. my grandfather ordered it that way from the factory.

#125 BGBLOK

BGBLOK
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:XY and XD ute

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Chase cars and 351 GL's, how many made?.

I'm thinking that when an order came in from the Government for the XD Police cars it would have been a list, that would have panned out as a production run, maybe 20 of one combo, like GL's with S Packs and 351 Manuals, so may be a fair chance we can list any VIN's of the ones that we know exist and figure out the month for them?, then the auto's may have been straight after the manuals (or not, might have been months later or at another plant) then the paddy wagon 6 cylinders etc etc in any order really. Potential there to pin down when they did runs of certain combos for the XD and XE V8 chase cars so we can help ascertain Police specials aside from "normal" 351 cars.

Mines August 1981 but I can't figure out for certain if it was ever a government/police car, probably doesn't have the option code for cop car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users