#1 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:82 LTD

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:39 AM

in my incredible bordom i thought id start a thread in which we can try and figure out some details on all the factory and aftermarket special falcon models from back in the day

thought id jsut start a list and if people could add to the list and more importantly add information to the lsit so we can put something together later on as a referance

well here goes the list of models that i know of other then the regular factory lineups

XD FACTORY:

Millionth edition: limited edition badging
Moonraker: (Prototype) Based on V8 Fairmont Ghia, produced as 1979 Sydney Motor Show special to promote James Bond film Moonraker. Different grille, paint job, alloy wheels, spoiler.
Mystere:(Prototype) Experimental version of the XD. Star alloy wheels, spoiler, roof spoiler, body-coloured mirrors. June 1979.
John goss special:

AFTERNARKET XD:
Phase 5 GTHO:

ZJ FACTORY:
Fairlane Sportsman: (Limited Edition) Wool tweed trim, Volante alloy wheels, bonnet ornament, Ford badge in centre of grille, two-tone paint. August 1980, 500 built.
LTD Cartier Edition: (Limited Edition) Cartier ladies purse, travel wallet and key case, Cartier decals, metallic champagne in colour with burgundy pin-striping and accents, matching champagne carpet and a choice of leather or crushed velour upholstery. October 1979 - 1980

XE FACTORY:
Eclipse:(Limited Edition) Falcon GL with styled sport wheels, ER78 steel-belted radial ply tyres and two-tone paint job. Released March 1984
‘X’ Pak:(Limited Edition) Falcon GL with fog lamps, styled sport wheels, new seat pattern, 'X' Pak decals.

AFTERMARKET XE:
dick johnson special's
xe falcon coupe's
ait turbo's
phase 6 gtho

ZK FACTORY:
Fairlane Sportsman: (Limited Edition) Wool tweed trim, Volante alloy wheels, bonnet ornament, two-tone paint.

XF FACTORY:
Silver Anniversary:(Limited Edition) Special model to mark 25 years, based on 4.1 GL auto sedan. 15 inch LTD alloy wheels, ‘S’ Pack dash, silver trimmings & pinstripes and Peregrine Falcon badges. September/October 1985, 2000 produced.
Family Edition:(Limited Edition) Two-tone “Style-tone” paint with pinstripes and Centafold bench seat. Based on GL, sedan or wagon. September 1987, 2000 produced.
Millenium Ute:(Show Car) Falcon Ute created for the 1987 Melbourne Motor Show. Bright orange paint on everything including the wheels. New front bumper, roll bar, mag wheels.

outback???:

AFTERMARKET XF:
ait turbo's:
Falcon AWD:(Prototype) 268kW twin-turbo, all-wheel-drive Falcon. Project failed when the XF range was superceded by the EA. 1987. rumours are there are a few awd non turbos around
DJ SVO
MW SVO: late model utes and panel vans
mobil falcon
brock falcons

ZL FACTORY:
Fairlane Sportsman:(Limited Edition) Two-tone paint - red, white or silver on dark grey, check cloth inserts, trip computer. 700 built, July 1987, $29639.

XG:
Longreach GLi Tradesman: Falcon Ute. Air conditioning, bed liner, December 1995 - August 1996, 800 produced.

i recon we should start filling in as many blanks as possible

c1tb.jpg

www.OzFalcon.com.au

#2 Son

Son
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

On the topic of an AWD falcon, there was a project done and featured by one of the car mags way back that involved an XF conversion to AWD with a Sprintex supercharger on it. I'm pretty sure it was done in SA and the articles ran for a few months documenting the progress from start..........

#3 NIGHTHAWK

NIGHTHAWK
  • PipPipPip
  • 2948 posts
  • Car:an xf falcon

Posted 21 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

Very informative, BIGCAV, you sure there are more information missing, where? what areas.?

#4 iamdeath

iamdeath
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:01 AM

what about esp in xe and xd

#5 brodzta

brodzta
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:57 AM

the DJ SVO: nighthawk.. you might be able to help out with that one ;p
85 XF Fairmont Ghia-
monro GT gas shocks, on gas, 4.1 EFI, stock.... for the moment

85 Laser ghia.. runaround/flog about
pushrods = :hy:

#6 NIGHTHAWK

NIGHTHAWK
  • PipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

Oh heck i have too scan 2 books...

#7 PSI_LTD

PSI_LTD
  • PipPipPip
  • 2852 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:43 PM

what about the chop top xf ute they made for a motor show back in the day, and kept in the discovery centre?
'01 BMW M3 - in storage
'85 zl turbo - in storage - for sale!! PM ME
daily: size 13 feet

#8 Steve Mcqueen

Steve Mcqueen
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 12027 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:XF Falcon sedan

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:04 PM

what about the chop top xf ute they made for a motor show back in the day, and kept in the discovery centre?

If i remember rightly and its the same article it had no front suspension and the front screen was only 4 inchs? It couldnt be driven great distance, built by staff from Ford it looked ok but considering they had knoledge and the tools to build some thing "ore inspiring" they didnt oh it had no seat belts either.

#9 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:01 PM

what about esp in xe and xd

i was avoiding the esp becasue everybody knows them and was more chasing information on rarer and lesser known models

c1tb.jpg

www.OzFalcon.com.au

#10 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Very informative, BIGCAV, you sure there are more information missing, where? what areas.?

well theres a shitlaod of blanks lol, was jsut thinking we should add some info as to how many, when, what was done, any special history etc

some of the ones we have more info on we could make a proper informtaion page for etc

c1tb.jpg

www.OzFalcon.com.au

#11 NIGHTHAWK

NIGHTHAWK
  • PipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

I have actually got from FORD, details on the ESP falcons, faxed to me BUT i cant read it..ggo figure..its like in martian..

#12 NIGHTHAWK

NIGHTHAWK
  • PipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

It has Fairmont series....Fairmont, Fairmont Ghia, and ESP, The specifications and then the options..

#13 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

lol, good old ford, ill crack open my spotligth on xdxexf book later on and see what information there is in there.

c1tb.jpg

www.OzFalcon.com.au

#14 NIGHTHAWK

NIGHTHAWK
  • PipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

Are those the ones in the air tight vaults that have to be witnessed when they come out...THE BIBLE ACCORDING TO ....lol

#15 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

haha, not quite that rare but good books lol

c1tb.jpg

www.OzFalcon.com.au

#16 dom_105

dom_105
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

Great idea for a thread.

AFTERMARKET XE:
dick johnson special's

Built as a joint venture between Dick and CDT Performance (Country Dealer Team) which were (are?) based in Bayswater, Victoria

From what I have been reading around the place, they built 36 cars (30 Tru Blu shade of Blue, 6 Red)

Scheel (ESP) seats, with standard interior, Grand Prix decals on bootlid and front quarter panel along with the great man's signature. Good for 190kw and mid 14's

Apparently there were two versions of the car built, the one by CDT which produced 36 cars, and one by Brisbane performance shop MVT (which stands for, I think, Mick Vine Turbos, but I'll stand corrected) 5 years later, which were not included in the 36. Apparently there are subtle differences between the two.

The John Goss XD was a dealer special, built by Trad Trim and Sunroofs in Sydney. They had tricked up suspension, wheel arch, bonnet buldge, wing and John Goss decals.

The Phase 5 was built by Phase Automotive. Because Ford turned it's back on racing, and wouldn't put the XD through the homologation process, Wayne Draper took it upon himself to develop the Phase 5 Falcon and sell it as a road car so a version of it could be raced with the flared guards and so on.

Check out this website, it has some photos of the three cars that I have mentioned - http://www.aus-ford-...e_specials.html

#17 FoX

FoX
  • PipPipPip
  • 4819 posts
  • Car:'94 LTD

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

the name of this thread was misleading...
Hey there, Im Brett

why put miles on ur pride and joy when u can put them on a shit box holden :D

#18 BIGCAV

BIGCAV
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13989 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

haha why what did u think of

c1tb.jpg