23 replies to this topic

#1 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image

Valvoline would like to thank you for visiting our section on the forum! We wanted to create a space where we can share insider’s information about some of our brand new products, promotions, events and access to our panel of experts so we can answer any questions you may have about choosing the right lubricants.

Posted Image

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook....volineaustralia
Visit our website: http://www.valvoline.com.au

About Valvoline
For over 140 years, Valvoline® has served the needs of car owners with quality motor oils and automotive products longer than any other motor oil company. In fact, Valvoline is the oldest trademark in the entire petroleum industry.

Posted Image

Valvoline® understands that today's motor oil market has an increasing assortment of engine oils needed to cater for the various car makes and models. Choosing the motor oil that is right for your vehicle and budget is a common source of confusion and frustration. This guide to motor oil aims to remove confusion and keep motor oil simple. It has been developed to help you better understand the basics of motor oil so you can make an informed choice. The more you know about motor oil, the better you will be able to protect your vehicle's engine.

Posted Image

Valvoline®, a division of Ashland, is a leading innovator and supplier of quality, high-performing automotive and industrial products in more than 100 countries. Best known for its lubricants, Valvoline also markets Eagle One® appearance products, SynPower® performance products, Pyroil® automotive chemicals and MaxLife® products created for higher-mileage engines.

#2 XCSEDAN

XCSEDAN
  • PipPipPip
  • 2881 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:heaps of em

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

hey guys, welcome to the forum, out of curiousity, do you have any oils high in zinc and phosfate?

1977 XC Falcon project "Haulocaust"
it's noisy...
You're not a true enthusiast till you get that beautiful yellow sticker
Currently owned: 1977 XC Sedan (project thread is above), 2002 GSXR-600 (Daily), 10/1973 XA Coupe (serious build coming soon)

#3 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4907 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

Welcome.

Seems like the obvious thing to ask first. What oils do you recommend for the 250 crossflow and what is that oils Zinc phosfate and molybdenum levels?
"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

#4 Wes

Wes
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9639 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:TURBO 10 SEC XE

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Wow. This is great. Welcome guys and look forward to learning more about your company from the experts.

As above I was going to ask the same thing. Interested to know about your products, the highest zinc content oil you have and whether or not Valvoline carries out private testing of their oils against other manufacturers if that isn't too prying.

Project thread:XE TURBO SLEEPER

Posted Image

Some say we are extreme and obsessed but we know the truth, and the truth is, they are mediocre and lack passion.

#5 n00bus m@x1mus

n00bus m@x1mus
  • Administrator
  • 13324 posts
  • Car:XE Ute

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

Cool welcome guys.
Next question, for all of us that havent been keeping tabs, why do i want zinc in my oil?

Edited by n00bus m@x1mus, 18 June 2012 - 09:39 AM.

Sig01.jpg

n00bus Ute Build: Click Here

#6 Wes

Wes
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9639 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:TURBO 10 SEC XE

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

If oil is doing it's job, you usually don't need it but it acts as an excellent anti-scuffiing preventative should the oil barrier be broken or not work as efficiently.

Project thread:XE TURBO SLEEPER

Posted Image

Some say we are extreme and obsessed but we know the truth, and the truth is, they are mediocre and lack passion.

#7 Panko

Panko
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 3568 posts
  • Car:XF Fairmont Ghia

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

welcome guys. I am also very interested in a decent oil for the 250 x flows. I have tried many different brands of oils and never been entirely happy. My engine sadly has is getting rather tired, so something that is good on an engine with high KM on it, would be great.

looking forward to reading more from you, and getting some inside info :)

Edited by Panko, 18 June 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Pankosig1copy.jpg

XF Fairmont Ghia wagon - 250 EFi Xflow - T5 - CLICK for Build Thread

So hes a middle eastern pimp of sorts with a fur coat in training???

#8 SirkWhyXF

SirkWhyXF
  • PipPipPip
  • 1426 posts
  • State:N/A
  • Car:V8 XF

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

My crossflow has 86,000 k's and would also be interested to know what oil you would recommend to use?

Kris

See my V8 XF on OzFalcon

http://www.ozfalcon....c/347-87-xf-50/

#9 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the big welcome. We will be setting up product info and Q&A threads over the next week. Some simpler questions we will be able to answer on the fly, with some of the more technical questions being referred back to the white coated boffins.

Great questions so far, just give us a few days to start getting some info back to you.

Chat soon.

#10 james_dinga

james_dinga
  • PipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • Car:xf ute, zk lane

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

welcome valvoline, must say it will be good to have some oil experts on here.
my first question is, do you guys reccomend/sell mineral oils for older performance engines, as i have heard of people wiping camshaft lobes when using solid flat tappet cams with synthetic oils. i currently use castrol edge 25w 50 in my 250x flow and 302 cleveland, and would love to see what you guys have that competes with castrol edge. once again, welcome aboard and look forward to some great advise.
ZK DAILY DRIVER PROJECT THREAD
Posted Image
http://www.xfalcon.c...zk-daily-driver

#11 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4907 posts
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Guys, For those of you confused about oils and too lazy to do the research see this thread:
http://xfalcon.com/f..._+zinc +content

I spent alot of time deciding on an oil after my rebuild and i filled that thread with detailed information.
"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

#12 eddie351gt

eddie351gt
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

more importantly, do you have any xfalcons which you sponsor? (rather than seeing a torana and a holden V8 supercar) lol jks!

#13 SPArKy_Dave

SPArKy_Dave
  • PipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • Car:I like wagons :)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Lol Rainbow. Your brain doesn't automatically come up with stupid solutions. You actually have to make a concious choice.

#14 SPArKy_Dave

SPArKy_Dave
  • PipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • Car:I like wagons :)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

A couple from the USA -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c0sg4dJwgw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dcY3WoxnVc

Lol Rainbow. Your brain doesn't automatically come up with stupid solutions. You actually have to make a concious choice.

#15 LoSVO

LoSVO
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Car:88 XF SVO UTE

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

So how dose this work do we get discounts :hy: and we should get Sponsored By Valvoline on the stickers that would be cool :P
SVO XF BUILD -

"if we were not ment to use self tappers they wouldnt have invented them :D lol" ~ My Self lol

#16 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:03 AM

Welcome.

Seems like the obvious thing to ask first. What oils do you recommend for the 250 crossflow and what is that oils Zinc phosfate and molybdenum levels?

Thank you for your inquiry. Valvoline VR1 Racing SAE 10W-40 contains higher levels of zinc with a balanced additive package to provide protection for older style engines. Remember to check the Valvoline online lube guide to find the right oil for your car. www.valvoline.com.au.

#17 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

Welcome.

Thank you for your question. There are several Valvoline engine oil choices that can be used depending on the vehicle operating conditions, kilometers and the overall condition of the engine. These choices range from Valvoline DuraBlend 10W-40 or 15W-50, Engine Armour 15W-40, MaxLife 20W-50, XLD 20W-50 range and XLD Hi-Vis 20W-60. The additive levels including ZDDP are carefully balanced to provide the correct performance characteristics, as our products are formulated to meet stringent specifications and performance levels with the use of the best combination of base oils and additive packages. Valvoline products contain unique and proprietary formulations, therefore we cannot provide sensitive information regarding Valvoline products into the public domain.

#18 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Wow. This is great. Welcome guys and look forward to learning more about your company from the experts.

As above I was going to ask the same thing. Interested to know about your products, the highest zinc content oil you have and whether or not Valvoline carries out private testing of their oils against other manufacturers if that isn't too prying.

Thank you for your question. Valvoline manufactures a range of engine oils meeting OEM and industry standards (API, ACEA, JASO etc). The zinc and phosphorus level vary according to these OEM and industry standards and Valvoline product are manufactured within these set guidelines. Valvoline products are test against OEM and Industry standards.

#19 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:12 AM

welcome guys. I am also very interested in a decent oil for the 250 x flows. I have tried many different brands of oils and never been entirely happy. My engine sadly has is getting rather tired, so something that is good on an engine with high KM on it, would be great.

looking forward to reading more from you, and getting some inside info :)

Thank you for your inquiry. There are several Valvoline engine oil choices that can be used depending on the kilometers and the overall condition of the engine. These would range from DuraBlend 15W-50, XLD 20W-50 range and XLD Hi-Vis 20W60, or you could use MaxLife which is specifically designed for engines with higher km's.

#20 valvoline

valvoline
  • Site Sponsor
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:14 AM

My crossflow has 86,000 k's and would also be interested to know what oil you would recommend to use?

Thank you for your inquiry. Valvoline DuraBlend 10W-40 or 15W-50, VR1 Racing SAE 10W-40 to MaxLife 20W-50 plus many more from the Valvoline range would be ideally suited for the crossflow with 86,000 km. Valvoline VR1 Racing SAE 10W-40 contains higher levels of zinc with a balanced additive package to provide protection for older style engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users