28 replies to this topic

#1 xdfairmont79

xdfairmont79
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:xd gl 64 xm

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

hi guys i think i should change my username now as i am the proud owner of a monza red 5.8 litre four speed xd esp fairmont ghia :aaaahh: i found this rather beastly find in the bush! with my dad it was just sitting there it had no globes though i tracked down the owner and he had them then he sold me the entire car wheels 5.8 litre hiding under the faded bonnet along with a load of other spares , three whole cars one of which an xf ute which im doing up beofre the esp as the old girl is a little worse for wear and im not sure if it is worth doing half assed if you get me and i dont even have my llicense so i cant drive a v8 for like four years : so here i am a 15 year old with a pretty rare combo of a esp 5.8 fourspeed moza with black veluer int. so anyway ill let you guys drewl over the thought ill find some pics of her when i found her. cheers

J.

#2 TWENTY B

TWENTY B
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

Get them pics up

New Toy, 87 XF Ghia. AKA "Project, Ultimate Daily"
WTB wrecked ECOLPI falcon

if you know of one, even at a wreckers, please let me know.

#3 xdfairmont79

xdfairmont79
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

some photos guys!!

Attached File  epicwheel.jpg   38.72KB   201 downloads

Attached Files

#4 xdfairmont79

xdfairmont79
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

sorry they arent very good photos ill make sure to get some more when i go out to where the old girl is "stashed" in order to not grab the attention that im sure it would which scares me a little, but im sure itl be fine :)

#5 n00bus m@x1mus

n00bus m@x1mus
  • Administrator
  • 13324 posts
  • Car:XE Ute

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

Hey bro welcome, in mackay hey? where abouts was your barn hidden LOL it amazing what just suddenly falls out of the sky hey.
Im from down there and make it back quite regularly and catch up with the boys there, should drop in and say gday one day :hy:

Sig01.jpg

n00bus Ute Build: Click Here

#6 hendrixhc

hendrixhc
  • PipPipPip
  • 4352 posts
  • State:SA
  • Car:FGXXR8

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:21 AM

Nice find Bud!
HendrixHC 82 XEGL Falcon 351: 66 Mk1 Cortina: 03 BAXr6: 06 SY Territory: 05 Hayabusa

Posted Image

Project Thread : http://www.xfalcon.c...9834#post469834

#7 bullfrog

bullfrog
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:XE V8 ESP

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:57 AM

Great find. Another one rescued!

Regards Joe.

Pink Grey V8

#8 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:00 PM

Good score, looks like it needs 'alot' of work but as long as its all there it wil be worth it.
Have you had it verified by Ford, that's the first thing I'd do?

Great find. Another one rescued!

Maybe found is a better word Joe, not really rescued yet, especially if it sits in that state for more years to come, it will just deteriate more.....But I get your drift, it's great that these cars are out there..!

Edited by XDean, 21 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Cheers,

#9 bullfrog

bullfrog
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:XE V8 ESP

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

Maybe found is a better word Joe, not really rescued yet!

I get your point, but at least it's not stuck under a tarp in some backwoods.

Regards Joe.

Pink Grey V8

#10 james_dinga

james_dinga
  • PipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • Car:xf ute, zk lane

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

you lucky bastard, doesnt look too bad too

#11 SPArKy_Dave

SPArKy_Dave
  • PipPipPip
  • 1181 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:I like wagons :)

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Give it a good polish and clean.......... and it'll probably come up half decent, without doing anything else

Lol Rainbow. Your brain doesn't automatically come up with stupid solutions. You actually have to make a concious choice.

#12 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XD XE BF

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

some photos guys!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16788[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16790[/ATTACH]

Great to see another great find, congrats on your XD ESP you a very lucky guy.
We have plenty of info dedicated to them on espghia.com
Looks like it seems to be all there, bonus if you find the factory books! Knowing your luck you might find them there aswell as this looks very original. Well done.

#13 drew442

drew442
  • PipPipPip
  • 9964 posts
  • Car:XE Fairmont

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

My first car was an excel. Sad face.
Posted Image
12 months off the forum. Average posts is still 5 per day.

#14 generation250

generation250
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:08 AM

wow man thats an awesome find for anyone! do you mind if i ask what you paid for it?
You see! That shit! that shit makes me want to start raping people with an industrial, diesel powered, turbo charged, spiked elephant dildo!

#15 macman

macman
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:Ford

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Very lucky score there, well done indeed. Looks like a very original car. I'm with Sparky Dave - clean, vacuum, degrease and polish it and just see how it comes up. Faded paint is ok, who cares when it's original? RUST - doesn't look like there's much of the "usual" stuff, just look at the photo of the read 1/4, c-pillar etc.

Not sure I really want to know how much he paid, I bet it was cheap!
- '66 XR Falcon 500 sedan - '66 XR Falcon 500 wagon - '82 XD S-pack panelvan - '82 XE Fairmont Ghia ESP - '01 AUII TE50 -

#16 xdfairmont79

xdfairmont79
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

hehe yea she wasnt too bad in the wallet department i wont say how much, but the drivers side guard is umm kinda flapping in the wind because i dont think there is much behind it D: ,there is rust holes in the roof i think i was told the rear left hand quarter (the one you cant see) is flogged up from a flat tyre maybe? and the sills are pretty bad i am going to fix it but its soon going to have a home in a shed where ill strip it for body work and get the seats redone because sadly they are in poor cond. but it should be all good when its done i know the mighty 51 under the hood goes the waterpump was shagged (i think thats why she was under a tarp) so a new one of them and it went with some fuel in her carby although the fuel pump is gone so it doesnt idle for long and the exaughst is abit rough so it sounds like crap but i see the potential and i had to have it who would leave one under a tarp!!

J.

#17 xdfairmont79

xdfairmont79
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

also it was my dads friends old car he had it from new and drove it back and forth from work every day and thats all it done its whole life ,i know for a fact along time ago not sure how long ,but it was sold to the guy who i bought it off for 500 dollars!! and it went and was all good then.. then the water pump let go and she sat under a tarp next to a genuine xb gt coupe yes thats right thats what i found it next to D: but he wouldnt sell that to me :( but anyway the car is a real gem and i want to keep it looking as original as possible but im afraid some degreaser and polish wont fix this old girl so its getting done properly :D after all not worth doing half assed. if you want some information on it pm me and ill be glad to tell you i dont know about price though because if i try and sell it people might think something of me although it wasnt actually that low you get me.

J.

#18 Massacred55

Massacred55
  • PipPipPip
  • 2833 posts
  • Car:Xf ute, xe sedan

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Mackay!!!

Dad lives there regularly up that way, good find champ, hope you dont find too much rust in the old girl!

I would hunt this low life cock sucking ***got down and tear his nuts sack open with a bent fork and then wear his scrotus berries as earrings.

#19 THEXDESP

THEXDESP
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

hi guys my new account is thexdesp for reasons above but the reason is my account was hacked so was my email and my facebook so um i cant get into the account : but to prove it ill put up some pics of the old girl when i got her running and put the globes on it really soon. cheers

J.

#20 THEXDESP

THEXDESP
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Attached File  031.jpg   31.83KB   93 downloads

Attached Files

• Attached File  018.jpg   40.11KB   102 downloads
  • Attached File  020.jpg   53.98KB   95 downloads
  • Attached File  022.jpg   33.58KB   89 downloads
  • Attached File  024.jpg   43.61KB   77 downloads