• PipPipPip
  • 12029 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:XF Falcon sedan

Posted 20 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Oh wow, an update!!  :)

Im like dean with this one.

Loved it from the get go. 

Shame about the injury's at work, not good to hear.

Look forward to you getting back into it to finish it off.

The coupe looks ok, much body rust?

Looks like you trailerd it straight from 1985  :wink_2:

#522 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:chrysler 300C V8

Posted 20 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

yeah.. yeah,, she got some rust all right boot gone . seal panels gone . plenum gone . lower and halfway up the A pillars gone . drip rails not to much but drivers side gone drivers side floor is holey i don't want to think about it     

but it can and will be fixed if i don't die first lol

thanks steve 

This thread should make alot of us feel lazy cos it goe's way out there and pisses on the edge on the way past

#523 TWENTY B

TWENTY B
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

been following this for so long now, so glad this forum is still active even if its not like the old days. 

keep the dream alive guys

New Toy, 87 XF Ghia. AKA "Project, Ultimate Daily"
WTB wrecked ECOLPI falcon

if you know of one, even at a wreckers, please let me know.

#524 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:23 PM

ok photo bucket are at it again this time there bluring and watermarking pics because of bandwith restrictions 

whats the best way to preserve this thread/topic so i/we can get away from them starting the 1st of june

This thread should make alot of us feel lazy cos it goe's way out there and pisses on the edge on the way past

#525 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XF ute sold

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

ok photo bucket are at it again this time there bluring and watermarking pics because of bandwith restrictions 

whats the best way to preserve this thread/topic so i/we can get away from them starting the 1st of june

i don't know of a way other than saving all the photos and re fitting them to the thread via another host.
back when photobucket did it the last time i got the shits proper, went to photobucket and saved the whole lot(can't remember how) and have put them back via imgur as needed into various places.

be a shame to lose this thread, but this forum has gone down a few times over the years and most people went to ozfalcon.com.au .infact, the main reason i come back to xfalcon is to check in on your thread and check the new posts(rarely more than half a dozen.) 

if you did happen to be able to save all photobucket photos, you may be able to at least put a link in to view the WHOLE ALBUM on imgur.com for this thread. 
i'll ask on ozfalcon if anyone has any ideas and let you know if anything better turns up.. but i'd definitely save all the photos before June if i were you

#526 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

i have been around in circles and can only download 1 pic at a time off the photobucket web site

i reckon its gunnah fail and pics lost

#527 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:19 PM

i have been around in circles and can only download 1 pic at a time off the photobucket web site

i reckon its gunnah fail and pics lost

i think this was of kind of thing i used last time
https://gist.github....a08c15b06deb13d

i deleted My photobucket account in disgust, so cant check if it's done the same this time. but i would expect if you google backing up your photobucket pics before closing your account you should be able to do it

#528 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:32 PM

this site just keeps amazing me , it's gone one minute then its back  . then its gone again then its back  lol  

#529 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

this site just keeps amazing me , it's gone one minute then its back  . then its gone again then its back  lol  

when i get a notification that you've posted something i hope to come here and see pics.

any further updates? could do a youtube walk around video?

#530 Wizardary

Wizardary
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:Ba/xb/xc

Posted 18 November 2019 - 04:05 PM

Hi mate did you get it sorted
Its not a crime not to know but it is a crime not find out.

#531 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:20 PM

OK For everyone interested  (yes that means the two of you) i will be out at the car over the next few days. im thinking i will take the gopro with me ....#first use of the gopro ... 

promise to get you vids/pics and from after these few days i will be working on it monthly till completed or as cash is available. remember i have a coupe to build as well but maybe that might happen over youtube?

happy new year to the both of you

AP

#532 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

Right I have Uploaded a Video to Youtube, Its my first real attempt to edit a video and I can say it is hard to do well especially with my crap video and knowing nothing about video editing!.

I know its not a barn find i just felt it was the click bate thing to do (happy to edit it out)

https://www.youtube....E3BdZ4fTbM&t=7s

Enjoy Laugh cry 

AP

#533 Dozofoz

Dozofoz
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car:XE

Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

lookin good.

I've just finished a BA-FG front end conversion into my XE also. It's a lot of work, different to yours but some similarities too. I've also chopped the tunnel to fit the ZF6 auto like it was meant to be.

#534 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

lookin good.

I've just finished a BA-FG front end conversion into my XE also. It's a lot of work, different to yours but some similarities too. I've also chopped the tunnel to fit the ZF6 auto like it was meant to be.

do you have a thread or pics of how you did yours?  that would be great to see

Right I have Uploaded a Video to Youtube, Its my first real attempt to edit a video and I can say it is hard to do well especially with my crap video and knowing nothing about video editing!.

I know its not a barn find i just felt it was the click bate thing to do (happy to edit it out)

https://www.youtube....E3BdZ4fTbM&t=7s

Enjoy Laugh cry 

AP

so many people were following this build, it was great to see a video pop up on My youtube subscriptions i shared it with about 10 people

#535 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

can any one who is new to this thread tell me if the pics are working for them. I keep getting error messages from photo bucket

Cheers 

AP 

#536 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

can any one who is new to this thread tell me if the pics are working for them. I keep getting error messages from photo bucket

Cheers 

AP 

they are still shit.

this is a screen shot from My laptop view on the front page at least

fI4rVcz.jpg

#537 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

ok well its time I put some time into this site and switched the pics over to another platform I don't think its worth putting them up on the site as there seems to be stability issues , can any one recommend a plat form that's free and permanent ? I don't want to do it again because time. 900 ish pics don't want to do it again  

#538 deankdx

deankdx
  • PipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

ok well its time I put some time into this site and switched the pics over to another platform I don't think its worth putting them up on the site as there seems to be stability issues , can any one recommend a plat form that's free and permanent ? I don't want to do it again because time. 900 ish pics don't want to do it again  

i am thinking you might be better off making a dupicate "page" on facebook, you can link the photos from there also. 
copy image location, and insert here

here is an example of My old XF ute (long gone now) hosted on facebook (taken at Devonport Tas many years ago)

as a link first, then inserted using the photo image icon 
https://scontent.fme...6b7&oe=5E8E6C43

923059_10201404336692977_1781783472_n.jp

#539 Dozofoz

Dozofoz
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Car:XE

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:59 PM

do you have a thread or pics of how you did yours?  that would be great to see

so many people were following this build, it was great to see a video pop up on My youtube subscriptions i shared it with about 10 people

I do mate, I'll be putting it all together once it's finished. Hopefully not too long, I'll be putting it all on Google Drive

Attached Files

• Attached File  BF.jpg   120.89KB   1 downloads

Edited by Dozofoz, 21 January 2020 - 10:00 AM.

#540 austenpowers

austenpowers
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

OK can some one please confirm the first 3 pages have working pics with out crap or blur or water marks? that's 144 out of 900 pics hope they work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users