#41 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:Your wife

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Got a tube today but as most people don't stock 265x50x14 tubes I just used a 205x75x14 tube.It works fine as the taller tube fills out the extra width easily with no issues.Took about 5mins to mount it up with a bit of force and the use of some shed only words and pop on it goes using 2 long screw drivers only!I have to ask who would do this for a job though?

Anyway it sits about 85mm off the deck ATM which is more than acceptable it's still 10mm higher than planned.I didn't allow enough for the tyre growth is all...LOL

Anyway heres some shots with the wheel mounted...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slydog

#42 Rossco

Rossco
  • PipPipPip
  • 2144 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

looks awesome man, love it!

for the record next time, use a rubber mallet and hit the tyre over the rim while standing on the tyre, by far the easiest way to do it without a changer

A vibrating beaver! I want one of those joeys.

#43 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

looks awesome man, love it!

for the record next time, use a rubber mallet and hit the tyre over the rim while standing on the tyre, by far the easiest way to do it without a changer

I have a BIG slide hammer like the tyre shops use but I need to control the force on the axle assembly when putting it on.But I may have to make a wooden jig to hold the axle off the ground so I can give your idea a go.:hy:Thanks for the tip bud...

Slydog

#44 xFalcon Mod

xFalcon Mod
  • 5453 posts
  • State:N/A
  • Car:xFalcon

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:46 PM

Looking fantastic Rob! But there's something about the bars which throws me a bit. Maybe one similar to my sled may suit it :D

#45 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Yeah tried some old ones like yours and even put Rickys custom bars on there and nothing suits it like these so far.Well for me anyway..LOL They need more pullback on the ends though,but nothings set in place yet and I can still try different bars on it yet.

But you are right about the low set bars suiting the style of the bike,19" ape hangers looked poxy on it.
I better get drinking and think of something for it...Maybe some new style Z bars with some pullback.

Slydog

#46 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

Ok I have left this one long enough so I did abit on it over the weekend.I redid the bars to a set of V bars with about 4" of rise still and lengthened them 200mm over all for total bar length of 800mm end to end or a total of 940mm.

The seat is not finished yet but only needs the back of it made to suit the rear tyre radius.The seat may incorporate the rear guard yet to go with it,havn't made my mind up on that yet.

Heres some pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Slydog

#47 'Nova

'Nova
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9477 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:XA Coupe

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

i think the bars suit :P

http://www.OzFalcon.com.au

OzFalcon - XK - XH Falcon Owners Club

#48 staids

staids
  • Administrator Emeritus
  • 15630 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:HONDA CBR 600

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

it's coming up alright Rob:hy:
i can't get a good look at the bar's but they're better suited than the old set:)

Well, in a way i'm a little steam engine.i've got the pulling power but not the gearing.

Information IS shock resistance: ARM YOURSELF.

#49 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

it's coming up alright Rob:hy:
i can't get a good look at the bar's but they're better suited than the old set:)

Better come around for a closer look then Rick:hy:

Slydog

#50 speed17

speed17
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2889 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

did you decide to not be lazy after i left on sunday?

the bars look good man, maybe a tad longer though.
Drag racers go straight to the finish the rest of those guys just drive around in circles looking for it.
Posted Image

#51 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

did you decide to not be lazy after i left on sunday?

the bars look good man, maybe a tad longer though.

Yeah I needed to sweat out another 5ltrs or so of Bourbon so I did a bit.

Wait till you sit on it bud,they feel good as is.

Waiting on 3 places to ring back about the ally flat bar before I can do a design for the trees.
I can buy a slab of ally 1200mm x 2400mm for $1500:aaaahh: but I'm not thinking of making 200 sets of trees just yet!Just some 100x20mm flat bar would be ideal ATM!Only need a mtr or two too get started hey.:hy:

Talk later...Slydog.

Edited by slydog, 23 February 2010 - 05:24 AM.

#52 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:05 AM

Had a bit of a go yesterday and mounted the cranks,made a transfer axle and made a seat back come guard,but it still needs some tweaking to get it along the same profile as the rear tyre.

I'll ride it out of the shed today as I have the axle bearings,all the chain and numerous links plus I was told I didn't have a bike with a car tyre on it by a work colleague,so yes I have a bee in my bonnet so to speak.F*ckin c*nts with no vision or ability shit me to tears,just cos they can't do something it's impossible they reckon....Grrrrrrrrr

Slydog

#53 evan

evan
  • PipPipPip
  • 6309 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:06 AM

hey bro i know the feeling.

no point telling you to not let it get to you cause it really does ay. wish i coulld see the look on the idiot's face when you cruise down the road in front of him :hy:

Posted Image

ooooooooooohhh

#54 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

OK it's a roller.Got it going by 10.30am but we (me and the kids) went for a cruise with a mate in his stroked 355 Prem for a while and then we went to his joint for a few cans so I'm a bit late in uploading pics.

Anyway it needs a smaller front sprocket,about a 36 compared to the 44or so thats on there now and some tweaking to the whole show just to sort it out.I have to work the radius of the rear gaurd seat pan a bit more but It's as good as done aside from final tweaking.The seat pan will only go a small way up the guard so not to take away from the overall effect of the guard.There is a 26" 144 spoke front wheel to come and some brakes for the front end at least.

Heres some pics...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Slydog

#55 staids

staids
  • Administrator Emeritus
  • 15630 posts
  • Car:HONDA CBR 600

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

Excellent work Rob! the Sled look's Fantastic..:hy:

Well, in a way i'm a little steam engine.i've got the pulling power but not the gearing.

Information IS shock resistance: ARM YOURSELF.

#56 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Thanks Rick,got a invite for a ride in Shepp in April aswell so I'll get this b*tch going ASAP.My daughter has picked an almost Candy Blue metallic I have on the shelf here that would go alright I reckon.But I need to test it a bit more first and iron the bugs out so to speak,plus put some padding on the seat...

Also got some more tin work in mind for it but I'm not fully comitted yet.

Slydog

#57 crazy2287

crazy2287
  • Administrator
  • 4909 posts
  • Car:Ford Falcon XF

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:39 PM

YEAH BOI!
"Your X has a red book value of 50 cents - but you still love her and can't bear the thought of the 1000+ hours of restoration... being taken by some thoughtless knob who carelessly shits on your world... The value is to the owner." - XFEvil

#58 'Nova

'Nova
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9477 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:XA Coupe

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:52 AM

Looks sick Rob! i know its probably been said or asked! but how do the rear brakes work on these :lol:

http://www.OzFalcon.com.au

OzFalcon - XK - XH Falcon Owners Club

#59 Steve Mcqueen

Steve Mcqueen
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 12028 posts
  • Car:XF Falcon sedan

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

I like this one alot rob looks ace and the 2 chain set up is unique, will the seat tho have any cushioning?

#60 slydog

slydog
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 13530 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:38 AM

Looks sick Rob! i know its probably been said or asked! but how do the rear brakes work on these :lol:

Holy smokes brakes...never thought of adding brakes on any of em!:D

I like this one alot rob looks ace and the 2 chain set up is unique, will the seat tho have any cushioning?

Next time your down McQueen we can see if your any faster on this comparred to the old one.:D

Slydog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users