D.I.Y HOW TO FIX BROKEN DOOR HANDLES

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 feral xg

feral xg
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

instead of drillkng straight threw the hand i used a tech screw to make the new pivot for the xg door hands but now thanx to a grave intolerance to the consistantly e sam thing to the xg doorreaking handle and being broke not being able to afford genuine for handles ($75) i put rear door handles from the ea eb ed just cut the door skin including door handle from the out side of the eb rear doors and did the same to the xg door and just put sum putty round it to build it up to the same shape as the xg door and its perfect and light as opens with 1 finger

#22 revcore

revcore
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Car:ED Falcon

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

instead of drillkng straight threw the hand i used a tech screw to make the new pivot for the xg door hands but now thanx to a grave intolerance to the consistantly e sam thing to the xg doorreaking handle and being broke not being able to afford genuine for handles ($75) i put rear door handles from the ea eb ed just cut the door skin including door handle from the out side of the eb rear doors and did the same to the xg door and just put sum putty round it to build it up to the same shape as the xg door and its perfect and light as opens with 1 finger

Got any pics mate?

#23 Nigel

Nigel
  • PipPipPip
  • 1268 posts
  • State:QLD

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

+1 for pics

The 87 XF.... Now Moved to a new home
94 EF II XR8 is now retired - think "Driveline transplant"
96 EL Fairmont was the daily. 200Kw AU XR8 Engine, LPG Injection.

96 E36 BMW.   220kw AU XR8 Engine, ESS, Paddles....  Flys.    Just moved to a new home 

14 XR6T.   Daily.  "Im leaving it standard"

Older X Series..

#24 feral xg

feral xg
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

yyeah no worries once i got the hang on this place they be going up

#25 Devo

Devo
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts
  • Car:ZD , XW, XE

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

lol on my xf ute both the door handles were broken, luckily the window mechanism was also broken so i just had to push the window down :P

#26 xg pano

xg pano
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:08 PM

thats alot of mucking about for a door handle you can buy for under 10 bucks new.
But good to tinker with in spare time i supose

#27 Guest_thunderbolt_*

Guest_thunderbolt_*

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

i put a self taping screw
but then the lever bit breaks off the handle

but its a good write up and helpful when a new handle can't be got right away

#28 dryice13795

dryice13795
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

A little tip that most of you may already know but for those of you who don't... Try this, next time you open your door on your x series try pushing a little bit of weight with your hip or thigh into the door so that you feel the door move in towards the car a little ( feels like the door rubbers compress a little) and then try opening the door, you will find that it removes alot of pressure from the door handle and removes the risk of the handle snapping.. i barely even clicks haha you will never go back to opening them like normal again.

#29 WArlace

WArlace
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Car:83 XE Ford Falcon UTE

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

lol on my xf ute both the door handles were broken, luckily the window mechanism was also broken so i just had to push the window down :P

man i know what thats like been doing that shit for the last week got pissed off cause it looked like i was breaking into my car all the time lol

just paint $20 bucks for two new handles problem solved

#30 XFV8_pano

XFV8_pano
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

foters are missing!

Ripped my drivers door handle off on saturday.

Continuous V8 ownership since 1988

My blog:
http://onfourwheels.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users