XD interceptor and ESP

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

to further add : most of the 'Genuine' Interceptors (highway patrol) cars were the 'Manuals'....there are many 'Auto's' out there but these were mostly designated "General Duties" resigned to general police work around town...the colours varied from plain 'White'...'Blue'...'Yellow'...& some 'Brown....ONLY the 'white' were marked (lights & sirens) others were 'Unmarked' ! Obviously the 'Highway' or 'Yellow Candy Cars' were also 'marked'...thus you will find Ex V8 XD Police Falcons with 'NO' spot lights or 'Overiders'...these are the 'General Duties'....the unmarked cars also had the large plain 'chrome' wheel centre hubcaps that were originally fitted to standard 'XA..XB..XC' Falcons

#22 351ute

351ute
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:17 PM

does anyone have pics of the interceptor suspension?, what are radious rod mounts ?

#23 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Guys here are some quick pix of the 'Radious Rods'(tramprods) from my XD Interceptor that I just took for you all...not the best but all I could do at short notice...cheers Daz

#24 svo377

svo377
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:44 PM

I'm going to be installing a sett of those off a ceptor to my xd Ute are those new red bushes over the counter parts for the rod or did you adapt them to fit HWY-79?
are you able to get me a better picture of the mounting bracket at the chassis rail as i have to make those

thanks

#25 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

they are ova the counter 'Nolathane' rubbers...on the weekend I'll remove a wheel & post up sum detail pix for those interested

#26 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Car:351 XD xcopcar

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:39 PM

Like this ....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Another thread where we talked about them before....
Some good photos of them off a car. I have some photos of just the chassis bracket if you want...?

http://www.xfalcon.c...ighlight=radius
Cheers,

#28 svo377

svo377
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

thanks NEATXD that last picture is what i needed looks like the nut is is welded on the inside of the bracket and also acts as a spacer and the bracket its self is attached to the side of the chassis should be easy to make now thanks

#29 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Here's another better picture if it helps...:wink_2:

Posted Image
Cheers,

#30 svo377

svo377
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

thanks sure will

#31 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Car:351 XD xcopcar

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:27 PM

Hey....are those allen head bolts stock in those brackets ? Mine has those aswell. Are the swaybar sizes the same as standard falcon on an interceptor or are they larger than standard falcon f & r swaybars? Any difference in heights of front springs in ESP's or interceptors compared to standard?

#32 svo377

svo377
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

mine has those bolts to

#33 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Hey....are those allen head bolts stock in those brackets ? Mine has those aswell. Are the swaybar sizes the same as standard falcon on an interceptor or are they larger than standard falcon f & r swaybars? Any difference in heights of front springs in ESP's or interceptors compared to standard?

Allen head bolts are standard as far as I can remember, I've seen a few like this.
Don't know for sure about swaybar & spring difference between interceptors and standard models, ESP definitly had bigger and lower respectively.
Cheers,

#34 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:52 AM

I have lowered springs & larger front bar although the rear appears to be standard...am not sure on exact spring rates or hights but the ride is fantastic for the age of the car.

#35 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:00 AM

I have lowered springs...the front bar is larger...although the rear appears to be bigger...am not sure on exact spring rates or heights but the ride is fantastic for a car of its age.

#36 AVATAR

• PipPipPip
  • 4066 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:XD 351

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

Very useful thread. thanks guys.
" She’s the ducks guts Max – you can shut the gate on this one."
XSERIES Kings of the streets!

#37 bullfrog

bullfrog
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:XE V8 ESP

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Very useful thread. thanks guys.

That's a bit of deep thread mining, 5 years old. Good info though.

Regards Joe.

Pink Grey V8

#38 fordxrtaxd81

fordxrtaxd81
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:81 XD GL X-RTA

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:37 AM

I just found this site tonight

#39 XDGL

XDGL
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • State:SA
  • Car:BF XD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

yes mate those are the pix of my car...true that metal facia will have a hole each side of the clock...they are for the the "wailer or siren control box"...which was mounted infront of the clock..not much i dont know about these cars as im wiv the "Victoria Police Historical Society"....i also have the original police radios & equipment...am glad to help wiv any questions mate.

#40 XDGL

XDGL
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • State:SA
  • Car:BF XD

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

Hi HWY-79
Going back through some interesting posts, yes I know it’s an old topic, but still good reading, you mention your involved with the Victorian Police Historical Society.
I have a contact with a person who has an 07/70 XW Falcon 500 ex VIC Police interceptor with 351C, 4V, 4barrel carb, top loader and a 9 inch diff. On its compliance plate it has a S.V.O field, stamped into that is D3780, I’ve not seen this area stamped before ?
Just wondering how many of these beasts were on the roads, and their rarity ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users