• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Car:351 XD xcopcar

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

OK.......the more i serch through the forums ...the more i learn.
An XD interceptor has ESP running gear and suspension (+radius rod mounts).....but are badged as falcon 500's 351's. Standard interior. Diff 2.92 4 pinion center. Radius rods. The block might even be a nascar block.
Can some one answer a few questions about these cars and the stuff that they had from XD ESP's. (motor ,diff ,tailshaft ,sway bars ,power stear, dash......and any codes that would be relivant to an interceptor or XD ESP.
Cheers...........
My codes are 05/80 XD FALCON SEDAN JG23XG50128K ........engine T trans B
trim L model 18933 paint y427 ADR's 1 to 28 in small numbers and 29 31 34 (these are the last numbers in big writting)

Edited by NEATXD, 04 July 2009 - 05:12 PM.

#2 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XD XE BF

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi NEATXD,
Yes, that is correct about the running gear it is the same as a XD ESP only difference between the two are billestein suspension and the two brake line system the red clock the red dash and the scheel seats.

I also know Y426 is a Onyx Black colour but Y427 mmmm not sure I'll have to look in the Ford XD Blible.

T is 351

B is Auto

Trim L is Brown

Hope this helps

Cheers

Nick

Post a pic of your beast would love to see it :hy:

Edited by nickd, 03 July 2009 - 09:52 PM.

#3 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

Thanks nickd.....here it is...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Gaz

Gaz
  • PipPipPip
  • 4358 posts
  • Car:XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:49 AM

Yellow Blaze.
Unusual colour for an XD.
GARY NOT FUNCTION BEER WELL WITHOUT

#5 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

Thanks Gary (Xdee) thats the second one I have seen now in that colour.

Nice looking car there NEATXD the B45's look tough on a XD any work done the motor? Nice car mate :hy:

#6 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

we think it's a mick web engine-original motor rebuild. Mild. go forever....rebuilt in 97' apparently. new holley. I'm still finding things lol....i've had it 8 days lol.

#7 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:18 PM

we think it's a mick web engine-original motor rebuild. Mild. go forever....rebuilt in 97' apparently. new holley. I'm still finding things lol....i've had it 8 days lol.

Cool congrats neat ride mate is it originally a VIC car some one here would be able to help you :hy:

#8 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

that's right ...or so i was told....vic highway pursuit car. I've gota heap of extra wiring that the other owner pulled out for the lights & siren...just the wiring......no lights or stuff :( came with spare straight rust free panels, lightsx2 ,tail lightsx4,door trims,2 xtacho dashes,7 ltr sump with windidge tray, new single plain manifold,grill,4x indicators,dash pad,etc....all came with it spare.

#9 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

that's right ...or so i was told....vic highway pursuit car. I've gota heap of extra wiring that the other owner pulled out for the lights & siren...just the wiring......no lights or stuff :( came with spare straight rust free panels, lightsx2 ,tail lightsx4,door trims,2 xtacho dashes,7 ltr sump with windidge tray, new single plain manifold,grill,4x indicators,dash pad,etc....all came with it spare.

Good buy mate, usually with interceptors they have extra wiring under dash behind the stereo and also usually two srew size wholes on the dash in between the vents and the cluster for the mounting of the CB receiver.
There are so many wires under the dash it isn't funny maybe a good thing you don't have them a few good parts in your buy. :hy:

Nick

#10 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

XD Interceptors came out with '2' Tramprods on the rear end...where as the ESP only had the one...mine has : 351 clevo...close ratio 4 speed singlerail...4 pinion rear...they have cast iron inlet manifolds running 4barrel Thermoquad...2v heads...they didnt have power steering instead had the 'GT'steering box with a ratio of '16' to '1'...if you are lucky enough to own a 'Victorian' country based chaser as i do...these cars came with aircon & rear window louvre...all 'Vicpol' highway cars that were based 'North' of the 'Great Divide' were issued these items...cheers Dazza.

#11 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

Beauty Dazza!! Excellent info. I didn't know esp's only have the one tramp rod..that's interesting. Sounds like you've been reserching these police cars yourself at one stage. lol. hwy-79 looks good ...is that it in your avatar? pics!!!!!!!!!

#12 NEATXD

NEATXD
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

I just dug out the box of spare dash stuff, and in there was the originall center facia....a/c climate control, a stock radio facia and a steel facia for the clock... there is two screw holes ,one on each side of the clock. cool...Cheers!

Edited by NEATXD, 30 July 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#13 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

yes mate those are the pix of my car...true that metal facia will have a hole each side of the clock...they are for the the "wailer or siren control box"...which was mounted infront of the clock..not much i dont know about these cars as im wiv the "Victoria Police Historical Society"....i also have the original police radios & equipment...am glad to help wiv any questions mate.

#14 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

XD Interceptors came out with '2' Tramprods on the rear end...where as the ESP only had the one...cheers Dazza.

Dazza, hate to burst your bubble but the ESP's and the Interceptors 'both' had two radius rods (tramp rods), even the six cylinder XD ESP's had two. I suggest you do some more research...:wink_2:
The cars that were supposed to have only one were the factory 351 manuals.
Cheers,

#15 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:24 PM

Dazza, hate to burst your bubble but the ESP's and the Interceptors 'both' had two radius rods (tramp rods), even the six cylinder XD ESP's had two. I suggest you do some more research...:wink_2:
The cars that were supposed to have only one were the factory 351 manuals.

Thats right, I'm with Dean on this one :hy:

#16 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

yes you are right...its the 351 manual that im talking about lol...what I should clarify is that the "Interceptor" had '2' radious rods where as the 'Factory 351 manual only had one...

Edited by HWY-79, 04 August 2009 - 06:20 AM.

#17 HWY-79

HWY-79
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:28 AM

I might also mention that in 'Victoria' the 'Interceptors' that had 'Spot Lights' fitted were 'Highway Designated' vehicles...the spot lights you see fitted on my car are a 'Special Long Range' throw...Not the same as standard itemr

#18 XDean

XDean
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

yes you are right...its the 351 manual that im talking about lol...what I should clarify is that the "Interceptor" had '2' radious rods where as the 'Factory 351 manual only had one...

further clarification - standard Factory 351 manuals only had one, all ESP's had two....:hihi:
Cheers,

#19 Vyl

Vyl
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2707 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:79 XD Sed.& PV

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Must be only on sedans as my factory 351 manual PV doesn't have any.

#20 -SEXYXE-

-SEXYXE-
  • PipPipPip
  • 3200 posts
  • Car:XE---&---ED XR6

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

yellow blaze looks good on the xd..

SKIPS PERFORMANCE

[SEXYXE]

CLICKY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic