#41 'Nova

'Nova
  • Platinum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 9477 posts
  • State:TAS
  • Car:XA Coupe

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

in tassie.. soon it'll be "if it runs and has wheels... it'll pass" transport down here will be disolved soon which is a pitty... can also garentee that because of it cars that are actually done right and modded correctly will start being defected... while they leave other piles of **** on the road :(

http://www.OzFalcon.com.au

OzFalcon - XK - XH Falcon Owners Club

#42 ZC-Cruiser

ZC-Cruiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 1924 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

No the sedans dont, but i think the utes do.

The Utes, Wagons and Panos have the old style bump stops above the axles on the chassis rails.

The Sedans use the shock absorbers to limit rear axle travel in both directions

#43 ZC-Cruiser

ZC-Cruiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 1924 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 10:59 PM

You wont even pass a roadworthy if your door trims are different colours...

That's just not true - colour of door trims is not on the list to be checked - if the trims are torn you'll have trouble.

Some inspectors will go easier if you are you are using the certificate to register the car for yourself than if you are going to sell it...

#44 spoon69x

spoon69x
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:49 AM

That's just not true - colour of door trims is not on the list to be checked - if the trims are torn you'll have trouble.

Some inspectors will go easier if you are you are using the certificate to register the car for yourself than if you are going to sell it...

It was all over the news when they started it, and i know people that have been knocked back because one door trim was a different colour... the idea behind it was to deter people from buying stolen car parts (because apparantly it is impossible to buy door trims the same colour as you already have - that's government thinking for you)

#45 nickd

nickd
  • Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1947 posts
  • State:VIC
  • Car:XD XE BF

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

As has been said, SA has no RWC, and no rego to sell a car. Engineers certs are awkward though, as not only do you have to fork out the $3000 for the cert process, but pay extra for the emissions test. I followed it up a year or so back and SA will only accept certs done and tested in SA or in NSW, which I was also told by the head honchos here in SA, would be free in NSW... but you'd have to take the car over here on a trailer and bring it back again.

Most cops will simply check the lowest point of your car here, no less than 100mm. They don't care too much for bump stops and wish bones, etc. Only if you get nicked and have to go over the pit do things like that get checked.

They are however, fairly strict on BOV's, pods, turbos and gauges. Seeming as all of these things are becoming more popular, they like to pick on people for them. Mind you, 90% of people out there with gauges tend to stick them in a place that will block your view of the instruments or the road.

Your comments are completely true but officer's of the law always check the steering wheel and handbrake too but its all pretty much the same everywhere just S.A. doesn't do RWC at all.
Well said.

#46 defect-prefect

defect-prefect
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:xf falcon sedan

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

hi-hi, are you saying they do not give out red stickers these days when they do a road-side inspection? i was a passenger in a car that had a red on slapped on it. goodnight.

#47 uterus

uterus
  • PipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • State:WA
  • Car:1978 f100 custom

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

glad i lve in wa as long as its registered and not stickered your good to go no yearly inspections or anything

#48 fordstu

fordstu
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Car:4.1 EFI 4 spd XF

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

How long do these last in QLD??? In NSW the pink slip( RWC) lasr 28days is it the same in QLD???

HAHA Rick Kelly the buck toothed little fairy, that jerk off could eat an apple through a picket fence.....LOL

oh you referring to the Roland Dane grizzle guts sooki la la likes to play in a crib all day nancy pants ???? lol

#49 Grunta

Grunta
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Car:potato

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:50 PM

can u have a turbo'd 6 in sa on ur p's

#50 Megadeth

Megadeth
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Car:Nothing yet - Buying XD/E/F only tho!

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:11 PM

Yeah you can have turbo'd 6 on your Ps

SA can do just about anything to your car as long as its no lower than 100mm, exhaust doesnt sound like a friggin lawnmower like these douchebags with their 4" cannon exhausts which sound like sh!t, bald tires, and there isnt any large oil leaks.

Another thing they dont like is random crap like a bent oil sumps (even if it doesnt leak) and the wheels cannot hang out the wheel arch
You Can Agree With Me, Or Be Wrong! :nana:

take.no.prisoners.take.no.****@hotmail.com

#51 Grunta

Grunta
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Car:potato

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

lol my bro drives a VK and the previous owner had **** load of prolems with the window tint and the exaust tiny bit loud now hes stuck a hotdog on the bak so its not that bad

#52 Andys-XFfalcon

Andys-XFfalcon
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Car:XF falcon

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:30 AM

i went to the cop shop n the lowest u can hav u car in S.A is jus above u wheel if the wheel arce is over u wheel it defect n the window tint is 30% front n 70%back hope that helps

#53 n00bus m@x1mus

n00bus m@x1mus
  • Administrator
  • 13324 posts
  • Car:XE Ute

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:12 AM

I live in north queensland and my car just passed roadworthy and it completely depends on the person behind the counter and the mood they are in as to whether or not it will even get inspected. When i got my RWC to register as an owner not a seller, the guy came out and wrote down the VIN/Engine No.s down on a pad, then he turned the key and listened to it run for about 10 seconds then shut it down and went inside to fill out the paperwork, came outside 10 mins later and said that will be 66 bucks thanks.
When all the numbers line up (ie no engine changes) it will not even get inspected at the transport dept, u dont even have to bring in the car, just the paperwork.
Saying that my engine has a different no to the VIN and the old duck came out with her stick of chalk and a torch and just confirmed the no.s where the same as written on the sheet of paper.
As i found out the state laws for lowering any vehical in QLD is that the distance between the wishbone and the bumpstop must not decrease by more than a third of its factory height (EG 100mm cannot be decreased below 66mm between the wishbone and the bump stop.)
many people cut them down a bit to get around this but i have never seen or heard of anyone getting flagged over because of it.
I would suspect the when selling a car then the RWC inspector would be a bit more zealous with his scrutineering.
Tinting laws are no less that 35% visability loss - T35 tint on all windows and no tint can be fixed to the front windsheild below the bottom of the sunvisor line

Edited by n00bus m@x1mus, 02 January 2009 - 10:15 AM.

Sig01.jpg

n00bus Ute Build: Click Here

#54 tucker

tucker
  • PipPipPip
  • 1940 posts
  • Car:XB, DC LTD daily

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

in vic what do i have to do to change my car from 6cyl to v8??

#55 n00bus m@x1mus

n00bus m@x1mus
  • Administrator
  • 13324 posts
  • Car:XE Ute

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:13 AM

In Qld, If that exact model car came off the assembly line with a V8 option then u can fit a V8 into it aslong as all other options are fitted aswell, ie: disc brake rears and swaybars, whatever options were added to the V8 option to make it comply with state laws. Here in Qld u will have to apply for a light modification permit at the transport dept, if your car is already registered ( which is just a form to be filled out stating your intentions and the appropriate numbers) before u proceed, if it is not then u can do as u please as long as it will pass RWC when it comes time to register.
I wouldnt expect there to be much difference, maybe u will have to have an engineer sign it off aswell.

Sig01.jpg

n00bus Ute Build: Click Here

#56 bull2007

bull2007
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:40 PM

does anyone here in SA know whats involved to change to v8 and keep it legal. its already got disc brake rear. thanks in advance

#57 XF_Freak

XF_Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • 2307 posts
  • Car:V8 XF Project Car

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

does anyone here in SA know whats involved to change to v8 and keep it legal. its already got disc brake rear. thanks in advance

Depends on what year. If it is an 85 XF, you are exempt from some of the pollution ADR's and can get away with having the car run on petrol. If you have an 86 or later model XF, you will have to put it on gas as it will be required to pass stricter pollution testing.

I'm in the process of dropping a 302c into an 85 XF myself.

I spoke with 3 different people at TransportSA in regards to what must be done and got 3 different answers. The first one told me not to worry about it and register it as a 6, just don't get caught. The second guy told me all I was needed was 4 wheel disc brakes, and then finally I asked to speak to the bloke, Alan Whitaker, who is in charge of the modification side of things, and he told me the correct process.

What you need to do is fill out the "Application to Modify a Motor Vehicle" (link at the bottom of this reply) and send it in to TransportSA. They will check the form out and send you a list of all the things your car needs to have done to it in order to be registered with a V8. Once you have completed everything on the list, you book a time and arrange to have the car transported to a location to get inspected by some TransportSA chaps. If your car passes, you take the piece of paper they give you, to your local rego office and register the car with the V8.

There is no cost for the application process, but there is a $215 fee for the inspection. If you fail, you will be given a list of what needs attention and will need to pay the $215 fee for a later inspection.

You can also purchase a permit which will allow you to drive your unregistered car to the location of an inspection and home again. Especially handy if you don't have a car trailer or other means of transport, but costly.

Anyway, here's the form you'll need. I do suggest that you contact TransportSA and ask them the process. They will ask for the specifics of your car over the phone and be able to give you advice on any extra steps you may have to take.

http://www.transport...tor Vehicle.pdf

#58 nstg8a

nstg8a
  • Administrator
  • 8554 posts
  • Car:au.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

but there is a $215 fee for the inspection. If you fail, you will be given a list of what needs attention and will need to pay the $215 fee for a later inspection.

so no grace period to get anything needed before you have to pay for another inspection?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 XF_Freak

XF_Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • 2307 posts
  • Car:V8 XF Project Car

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

so no grace period to get anything needed before you have to pay for another inspection?

From what I was told... no.

#60 nstg8a

nstg8a
  • Administrator
  • 8554 posts
  • Car:au.

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

that would certainly provide motivation to make sure everything is 100% beforehand.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users