100 replies to this topic

#21 savagE

savagE
  • PipPipPip
  • 1934 posts
  • Car:351W XD

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

Yup, NSW basically rape you every year.

Just underwent a Blue slip which is a step above RWC. Thank god I was very anal about fixing up the little things on the car.

#22 90XF_ute

90XF_ute
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Car:SY Territory

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

Thanks blackjack.. is the bump stop clearance on original bump stops??
that sucks cause I don't have that clearance on mine.. not even close..

#23 blackjack_original

blackjack_original
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Thanks blackjack.. is the bump stop clearance on original bump stops??
that sucks cause I don't have that clearance on mine.. not even close..

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's on the original ones, or ones of equal size. In that PDF it quotes the bump rubber length of 45 (again presumably millimetres), but I can't work out if that's for both front and rear, or just front. Do xf's even have rear bump stops?

#24 90XF_ute

90XF_ute
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Car:SY Territory

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:45 AM

I know the ute does have rear ones.. if that is the case, I need to raise my car :( (the front that is.. could be a plus though)

#25 MR-XFT

MR-XFT
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:08 AM

got a copper in my town that hates xf's with a pasion manily turbo one's as there is only 2 in the whole town he has got the other one 3 times i think and cannary'd him 3 times so im on the lookout for him .anyone know the rule or restrictions on a turbo xf on straight gas ? dose it need an engineers or wat?

#26 evan

evan
  • PipPipPip
  • 6309 posts
  • State:QLD

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

got a copper in my town that hates xf's with a pasion manily turbo one's as there is only 2 in the whole town he has got the other one 3 times i think and cannary'd him 3 times so im on the lookout for him .anyone know the rule or restrictions on a turbo xf on straight gas ? dose it need an engineers or wat?

yep sure does

#27 MR-XFT

MR-XFT
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

yep sure does

well that sucks big time any one know what needs to be done for an engineers ?and how much they cost ?

#28 blade

blade
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Car:85 ghia

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

is your car legal i am about to get my xf ghia lowerd
by pedders $1200.00 is that average

#29 blade

blade
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Car:85 ghia

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

hi where did you get the bonnet and scoops from and how much

#30 WOOLO

WOOLO
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • State:NSW
  • Car:None

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

NSW laws are a bit half arsed I think.The blueslip guy didnt care about my quick release steering wheel or bubbled tint but had a fat over 1 digit being out of line by 2mm on my vin stamping and sent me to the vin inspection unit at Penrith who got the shits and were rude as to the wife for wasting their time.Like I really wanted to go there in the first place.
Federal laws and state laws often contradict each other,a while ago I started to build a Cleveland powered trike with 5 seats-rider,pillion and 3 passengers.Federal ADR's said I had to have baby seat anchorage points but in NSW it is illegal for people under 16 to be conveyed on a motor trike.Useless to me with 3 kids so project sold and moved on to other things.

#31 GLDRSH

GLDRSH
  • xFalcon Event Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2390 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:17 PM

they quoted me $600 to any hight without shocks...thats just springs and labor

WWW.TURBO351.COM

Posted Image

#32 projectxf

projectxf
  • PipPipPip
  • 2490 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:24 PM

hey yall i live up in vic n was cruisin wit my mate in the city and was on my l plates and got pulled over by the pigs for having a very loud exhaust, bummer, mofo's made me go an get it checked and in the end it was legal roflmao ****** hell i rekon he just hated xf's

#33 Spak2Spak

Spak2Spak
  • PipPipPip
  • 1057 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:13 AM

I'm spewin about rego here in NSW (I live in Sydney).

My first car, an EF and its gonna cost me about $850 to rego it.

Farkin' spewin! But once it's done i'll be cheerin' cuz then i can start knockin' mod's off the list!

#34 projectxf

projectxf
  • PipPipPip
  • 2490 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:17 AM

lol reg is rediculious they charge so much gst n tac fee's without emm we'd only be payin 150 lmao me i live in melbourne it only cost me 650 as its never been registered after that only 550 per year

#35 Braddyxe51

Braddyxe51
  • PipPipPip
  • 5063 posts
  • Car:xe, zk, 2x te, tc

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:29 PM

W.A. Is quite good cheap rego just over $400 a year for my v8 falcon. never have inspections, except for rego runout and yellow licky. this been mentioned already. I have been told that if you get lpg put in you now have to get car over pits aswell. I am surprised as the sort of cars I have at passed at inspections. One had oil all over the engine, was blowing heaps of smoke and heater fan dimister didnt work. Cops here relaxed too if you keep your mouth shut haha.

#36 f0rD fTw

f0rD fTw
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

I've heard Tassy is pretty relaxed to, apparently cars dont even need go for anuual inspection. (my source is a dumba$$ so i'm not sure how accurate that is.)

Damn straight lol.

I am not sure how strict/slack they are here because I havn't had to get my car registered yet lol but I know that they aren't totaly slack. Luckily I know someone that can do the wrc and is a good friend of my father ;)

#37 XF_Freak

XF_Freak
  • PipPipPip
  • 2307 posts
  • State:QLD
  • Car:V8 XF Project Car

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:18 PM

As has been said, SA has no RWC, and no rego to sell a car. Engineers certs are awkward though, as not only do you have to fork out the $3000 for the cert process, but pay extra for the emissions test. I followed it up a year or so back and SA will only accept certs done and tested in SA or in NSW, which I was also told by the head honchos here in SA, would be free in NSW... but you'd have to take the car over here on a trailer and bring it back again.

Most cops will simply check the lowest point of your car here, no less than 100mm. They don't care too much for bump stops and wish bones, etc. Only if you get nicked and have to go over the pit do things like that get checked.

They are however, fairly strict on BOV's, pods, turbos and gauges. Seeming as all of these things are becoming more popular, they like to pick on people for them. Mind you, 90% of people out there with gauges tend to stick them in a place that will block your view of the instruments or the road.

#38 spoon69x

spoon69x
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:07 PM

Queensland is well strict... I had a cop measure my factory steering wheel a couple of weeks ago, to make sure it wasnt undersized.... If you change engine size, get a turbo or blower, change seating capacity, put in a roll cage - you need to get engineered...
They will also do you for window tinting, having a loud exhaust, changing and enviromental crap on your engine, having a hole in your dash...
You wont even pass a roadworthy if your door trims are different colours...

#39 andruz

andruz
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like qld are tight as. After reading this i have decieded that vic arent that bad after all. Sure the cops hassle ya abit and the whole rwc, but thats only if you sell a car or run out of rego.
Cleveland not just a town in the states!

#40 HOLDENKILLA

HOLDENKILLA
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Car:1987 Xf falcon

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:19 PM

Dude its not that hard to do it yourself, use your old shockers,
I got my springs for $80 front and rear,
And to answer BlackJack_original

Do xf's even have rear bump stops?

No the sedans dont, but i think the utes do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users